What is your daily driver?

My interior was, well, it had some. Passenger seat wasn't bolted down, no rear seat, carpet or rubber mat, radio, and I had two super cool options, outside locking door handle you had to manually push closed to keep the door from swinging on turns, and a no lock hatch. I do miss that car.
Here's the $100 one with new set of $135 shoes. Complete with original factory time delayed custom fade clear coat patina. But the inside is very good. Go figure.

View attachment 662946

Howdy Our DD is a 2002 Chrysler 300M or A 1995 Dodge 2500 Diesel or on an awesome day one of the Hotrods.

Found enough NOS and real good parts to finish the interior and changed the grill to a painted one!

IMG_1339.jpeg

IMG_1337.jpeg

IMG_1341.jpeg

IMG_0851.jpeg

IMG_0854.jpeg

IMG_0810.jpeg

IMG_0855.jpeg

IMG_1729.png

I used to dd my 18 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4. Since we moved to small town USA and I live 1 mile from work, that stays parked unless I go far enough for it to fully warm up. Now I switch between an 82 d250 club cab and my 97 jeep wrangler. The wife used to daily her 2015 challenger shaker, but we just got her a new Durango R/T awd, so the challenger sits in the garage.
Travis..
Been a year since this post and ours have changed up. My 97 wrangler has been in another state for a year and I’ve parked the 82 d250 in favor of a 71 d100 as dump beater. I’m dailying an 18 jeep jku rubicon recon that I picked up in August. The wife wasn’t feelin the Durango r/t, so we sold it right about the one year mark and she was dailying my 18 ram 2500 while the weather was bad but has switched to her 16 challenger r/t shaker now that it’s out for the season.
Travis..

well i downloaded them and just couldn't locate them . now there found , new tuff green and ivory seat and head liner to match the factory colors in my 61 d200 driver . oh ya 28k more miles on her now as well .

DSC04012.JPG

DSC04013.JPG

DSC04014.JPG

DSC04015.JPG

DSC04016.JPG

2024 Dodge Hornet GT. I love it: fast, great handling, nicely finished. I live in a downtown area so the small size is helpful. I also make frequent 600 mile one way trips to help my 95 year old mom, so the reliability and features are really needed. Really it is a discount Alfa Romeo, but nothing wrong with that.
Fiat did a lot of good things for Chrysler, unlike the current bunch.
Mark

IMG_2158 1.jpg

Well, my daily driver was an Audi A7, but Audi is dead to me now. The $8710 bill for a stretched timing chain on an out of warranty car with 48k miles has sent me over the edge. I still have a few European cars but my new daily driver is my newly purchased Beach Wagon!

IMG_3241.jpeg

Well, my daily driver was an Audi A7, but Audi is dead to me now. The $8710 bill for a stretched timing chain on an out of warranty car with 48k miles has sent me over the edge. I still have a few European cars but my new daily driver is my newly purchased Beach Wagon!

View attachment 669980
:wtf:
I know that European cars are expensive to fix, but at that price, I agree with your choice of alternatives!

The $8710 bill for a stretched timing chain on an out of warranty car with 48k miles has sent me over the edge.
Not surprised at the bill...you're dealing with this:
1720600796800.png

At the back of the engine. Meanwhile the C bodies have enough room in the engine bay that you could probably sleep in them, not to mention that there's probably just one timing chain at the front of the engine that should it need servicing, isn't an engine-out procedure. 90s toyotas and 60s mopars for me.

All True. It was an engine out procedure. I was very disappointed in the way Audi handled it. It was a known issue. Plenty of service bulletins about the issues. The North American Audi reps claimed he knew nothing about any bulletin. I sent them to him in an email. I could never get him to call me back. My car was in the shop for 3.5 months.

All True. It was an engine out procedure. I was very disappointed in the way Audi handled it. It was a known issue. Plenty of service bulletins about the issues. The North American Audi reps claimed he knew nothing about any bulletin. I sent them to him in an email. I could never get him to call me back. My car was in the shop for 3.5 months.
I had a similar issue with Porsche. We had ordered a 98 Boxster. In 2004, the car started mixing oil in the coolant. The car had 16k miles, but of course was out of warranty (2 years, unlimited mileage).
I found other owners that had the exact same problem and had their engine replaced for free.

Porsche ‘offered’ me a free replacement rebuilt engine but I had to pay for all of the labor and soft parts (this included flushing the cooling system, and all new hoses. The bill was over 4K.

We sold that Boxster two years later. Every time we drove it, we had a knot in our stomach.

I have owned a few Boxsters and the only problems were top related. Porsche handled it very well for us. Mine was out of warranty and they covered all the labor. I am a huge Porsche fan. I have a Cayenne S and a 89 Carrera now.

Back