Where was this Mopar Brochure/Ad Photo shot?

Yeah, I like you placement estimate better. Its very well documented, too.:)

That first photo also captures the "keep" with a more imposing perspective ala the illustator's view. There may even be a bit better elevation, vs. the Castle, from the park that allows that to happen.

I did not believe the car was on grass, though surely it could have been grass 70 years ago. Plus, yes there is a boat dock on the south side STILL today. Your placement would also logically explain the absense of Windsor-Eton bridge in the illustration.

But I didnt see a trace St. George's chapel in the illustration, so that moved me toward the east, but NOT past the bridge.

I think this is the chapel, the flying buttresses look more like a roofline in the illustration. Also the tower looking element looks like the wing on the chapel in the early picture (the structures in the foreground in this picture start looking more like the illustration).
Windsor4.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Alan

OK, last one for me as OP until next year. The "statue" game. The medal round. Two nominees.

I essentially put this game up - or at least referred to it back in #534, so its been out there for months.

1728576735800.png

1. Where is 1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi? City and state?
2. What location? (you cannot get PegMan in here at street level, and you are not likely to get a definitive street level picture from any source). Therefore, name of location/generic aerial of it are fine answers, but location name is a must however.

I believe I was present here when this was taken. I was a summer intern in graduate business school in late spring 1991, and the bosses thought it would be a "treat" to let me go on a "marketing shoot".

Was it "late" (in the program)? Yes. The cars were late, so everything pre-launch was stacked up/compressed.

Did this particular pic make it to the brochure? Dunno for certain. Photoshoot I saw was on a white SSEi, I know who the agency was the company used back then and a bunch of them were around, and the location (topography, "flora and fauna", etc.,) looked familiar me (based on subsequent visits I made there). Possible it was another white SSEi, done somewhere else? Sure. I don't think so but I cannot verify that it is NOT from the shoot I saw in person.

I think this is a very difficult game. Ya gotta stitch together some data and maybe even make educated guesses to come up with something.

Answer Monday morning EDT. See if anybody gets a Walter P. Btw, "dudes" for anybody else who gets it. :poke:

Last edited:
I could just about throw a dart at a map and have something that fits that.

Alan
Although higher degree of difficulty was my objective for this game, i do have "hints" that narrow the possibilities to a manageable set of options.

The difficulty with this one is thinking about connections between elements, hinted and assumed (unstated), that only have relevance as a whole.

I think/hope, anyway. We'll see. :)

I may be taking some Wild guesses with this one, but feel like I might be heading down a path that might lead to a Walter P.

I’ll PM you soon.

I may be taking some Wild guesses with this one, but feel like I might be heading down a path that might lead to a Walter P.

I’ll PM you soon.
yeah, there will very likely be a logical assumption(s), a couple of informed speculations, etc., one has to make to go from "anywhere in the world" to the Bonneville was "probably there".

hope you can "share the ET stage" Monday night with these fine people after graciously accepting your Walter P.:poke:

1728648805280.png

Last edited:
another "winner"!

another player who put it all together with logic, clues, and knowing what it takes sometimes to get a new platform out the door.

Gonna be a crowded stage monday night.:poke:

Back