For Sale 1971 Imperial LeBaron $3,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

ma_mopar

Reaction score
Contact seller
Putting the Imperial for sale. Don't have to sell it but could do with the moeny and especially the room.

It runs and it drives.
Brakes still need gone through but the car currently does stop. You have to really aaply pressure to stop.
Speedometer works. Odometer works. Speedometer makes a loud noise when you go over 30 MPH. Stops when you go below 20 MPH.
Gas tank was just recently cleaned. The gas gauge is working.
3 out of 4 windows work both ways. The driver rear needs help getting up.
Headlight covers most of the time flip up.
New alternator. New fuel pump. Carb was rebuilt. New battery. Has some kind of electrical draw that causes the battery to go dead.
Tires are 30+ year old bias ply. They do hold air. They are in very bad shape. May have better condition rollers on it in the future.

Car is located in Olathe, KS 66061. Asking for $3,500 for it. No rust through on it at all that has been found. Kinda hate to sell but we have a another '68 Town & Country coming in from Wyoming next month that is going to need somewhere to park.

Any questions just ask.

IMAG5071.jpg

IMAG5072.jpg

IMAG5073.jpg

IMAG5074.jpg

IMAG5075.jpg

IMAG5076.jpg

IMAG5077.jpg

IMAG5079.jpg

IMAG5080.jpg

IMAG5082.jpg

That is the one that was in Seattle right? Ever find a broadcast sheet for it?

That is the one that was in Seattle right? Ever find a broadcast sheet for it?

It was yes. Haven't had the time to. Going to try this weekend depending on weather.

I thought the one in Seattle a few months ago was a 1970! Am I wrong?

Does it now have a clear title? The interior looks to be in quite nice shape, air-cond/heating work?

This is the one from Seattle I helped facilitate getting to ma_mopar and his father. It is a 1971.

Nice interior, no rust, price may be negotiable?

The price is pretty steep IMO!

Not to be a major dick, but the car has no rust through that has been found. It's all surface. The interior is in very good shape.

Find another one out there similar in better shape for less. There aren't many out there.

Nice interior, no rust, price may be negotiable?

The price is a bit negotiable. It's my father's so he has the ultimate final say so below a certain price.

The shipping costs, the parts cost, time installing parts, gas tank cleaning cost a bit. Not trying to sound rude. We just can't accept a low ball amount that I'm sure some will want to give because certain things don't work.

Just a reminder: This 1971 Imperial sat in a garage in Seattle, Washington since 1984. Never started or anything I believe since then. Car was purchased in October and brought down to the Kansas City Metro area. Luckily the motor wasn't locked up. But it still didn't run nor had since '84. We took a gamble on it possibly having a bad motor. It doesn't knock or piston slap or anything. Has an exhaust leak and maybe a noisy lifter. Great results from an engine that sat for so long in my opinion. So that major hurdle has been defeated.

All offers will be considered. We have a bottom dollar. Don't really need to sell but we do need the room for another project that's coming in from far away. This one is solid but rough interior. Has rear A/C though.

Any questions are welcomed. Just don't ask if we'll take $1,000. :)

Last edited:
The price is a bit negotiable. It's my father's so he has the ultimate final say so below a certain price.

The shipping costs, the parts cost, time installing parts, gas tank cleaning cost a bit. Not trying to sound rude. We just can't accept a low ball amount that I'm sure some will want to give because certain things don't work.
I agree with what you're saying, it takes effort to get a car that's been sitting for some time running again, and no rust plus a tidy interior goes a long way in my book. It makes sense to advertise so there's a bit of room to negotiate, but no one wants to be insulted, I get that. Good on you lads for saving this one.

Does it now have a clear title? The interior looks to be in quite nice shape, air-cond/heating work?

Title is clean and clear from the state of Kansas. The HVAC is not working. Neither is the radio. Turn signals at the moment don't work either.

As time allows we'll work on the lights all around. HVAC will be done by someone with better knowledge and skills than us hopefully.

I agree with what you're saying, it takes effort to get a car that's been sitting for some time running again, and no rust plus a tidy interior goes a long way in my book. It makes sense to advertise so there's a bit of room to negotiate, but no one wants to be insulted, I get that. Good on you lads for saving this one.

Thank you. It just seems everybody wants nice stuff for almost nothing.

While I'd love to sell it for a good deal, I'm afraid it'll be derbied if the price gets too low. Luckily all the derby folks didn't get it before us(which is a shock in a way).

Damn poor € course, that would be perfect family cruiser...

It just seems everybody wants nice stuff for almost nothing.
Why is it when a car doesn't sell, it's we ("It just seems everybody") get chastised by the seller?

What is MARKET CONDITION?
Market’s characteristic(s) such as number of the competitors, level or intensity of competitiveness, and the market’s growth rate that a firm walks into when introducing a new product.

Law Dictionary: What is MARKET CONDITION? definition of MARKET CONDITION (Black's Law Dictionary)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back