For Sale 1971 Imperial LeBaron $3,500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it when a car doesn't sell, it's we ("It just seems everybody") get chastised by the seller?

Because "everybody" thinks an old car should be cheap because it's old. Doesn't matter if it's priced fair.

We are in no hurry to sell this. If it sells to someone who wants to fix it up then awesome. If it not then that's awesome too.

Last edited:
Penny pinching when it's a bargain already...:BangHead:, a Lincoln or Cadillac in similar condition would be at least twice the price.

Rare front dually 1971 Imperial LeBaron.

IMAG5301.jpg

Got new tires put on last week.

If any interest in the old ones by anybody close, just let me know. They are 6 ply bias ply size LR-78 15 inch.

The interior was not harmed by the tires.

IMAG5303.jpg

IMAG5302.jpg

Front brakes are done. Stops way better now.

IMAG5304.jpg

Only Fuselage era Imperial in Finland for sale ATM... -72 4d HT 12900€.... Chrysler Imperial Tila-auto 1972 - Vaihtoauto - Nettiauto So is that 3500$ from Lebaron alot or not... :)

The comparison is unfair. The other ad says the white 72 is good enough to qualify for the historic vehicle registry. Which means the car has to be either in near spotless original condition, or restored to original specs.

Now, if I were in the market for a 71 Imp, I'd consider this a bargain. Nice car, and thanks for preserving it. Good luck with the sale!

Last edited:
Not to be a major dick, but the car has no rust through that has been found. It's all surface. The interior is in very good shape.

Find another one out there similar in better shape for less. There aren't many out there.
The price is a bit negotiable. It's my father's so he has the ultimate final say so below a certain price.

The shipping costs, the parts cost, time installing parts, gas tank cleaning cost a bit. Not trying to sound rude. We just can't accept a low ball amount that I'm sure some will want to give because certain things don't work.

Title is clean and clear from the state of Kansas. The HVAC is not working. Neither is the radio. Turn signals at the moment don't work either.

As time allows we'll work on the lights all around. HVAC will be done by someone with better knowledge and skills than us hopefully.
I like your car and see lots of work, but lots of potential in her. I'm sorry you've had to defend your price, but I don't think you've been "rude" or "a dick" doing so. I can't be a player here, just wanted to toss a little love out there.

Your interior is sweet, and looks to be in good shape. It sounds like you are very close to this one getting to "driver" condition. Thanks for the effort to save her and for offering her to the membership. I hope a serious buyer shows and approaches you in a private conversation, but mostly so the rest of us can keep track of her.

Why is it when a car doesn't sell, it's we ("It just seems everybody") get chastised by the seller?
I believe our for sale ads are mostly for the lurkers. The select few cars that get the membership figuring out space and checking bank balances are few and far between. Your NYB would be one, but I think most of the serious crowd would get less serious as the price got closer to your investment.

I would not dare approach you or many other owners here with an offer based on pricing I see out there. I think very few folks here will ever recoup their investments financially... we (C Body owners) are a hobby of car lovers...

I never considered this a hobby nor have I considered me a collector. I simply like these cars , I like to drive them , I like to look at them, nothing more, nothing less.

For the benefit of all, and perhaps for that potential buyer, how about a rundown on what works and what doesn't (electrical stuff specially)?, what needs replacing?, engine/trans condition?, etc.
Were you able to open the trunk in the end?

For the benefit of all, and perhaps for that potential buyer, how about a rundown on what works and what doesn't (electrical stuff specially)?, what needs replacing?, engine/trans condition?, etc.
Were you able to open the trunk in the end?

Engine works. Transmission works. One pump and it catches on the second or third spin. Does have an exhaust leak we believe at the manifold. It is a noticeable sound.
All Windows go down. Three go up by themselves. Driver rear needs help going up if rolled all the way down but if not it goes up by itself.
Headlights work. Left rear Tailight works. And that turn signal. Headlight doors work 98% of the time we opened them. Passenger rear Tailight doesn't work. Lights will maybe be figured out soon.

Drivers seat works in almost ever direction. Horn doesn't work I don't think. Radio is just static. HVAC doesn't work. Speedometer works and odometer works. Speedo makes an annoying buzzing sound above 30mph. Goes away below 20mph.

Dad claims it needs front shocks. Rides fine to me. As of today it needs an alignment. That will be fixed soon maybe depending on what's worn out up front.

No access to the trunk yet. Been getting other things done first on it.

I like your car and see lots of work, but lots of potential in her. I'm sorry you've had to defend your price, but I don't think you've been "rude" or "a dick" doing so. I can't be a player here, just wanted to toss a little love out there.

Your interior is sweet, and looks to be in good shape. It sounds like you are very close to this one getting to "driver" condition. Thanks for the effort to save her and for offering her to the membership. I hope a serious buyer shows and approaches you in a private conversation, but mostly so the rest of us can keep track of her.

I believe our for sale ads are mostly for the lurkers. The select few cars that get the membership figuring out space and checking bank balances are few and far between. Your NYB would be one, but I think most of the serious crowd would get less serious as the price got closer to your investment.

I would not dare approach you or many other owners here with an offer based on pricing I see out there. I think very few folks here will ever recoup their investments financially... we (C Body owners) are a hobby of car lovers...

Thank you

I never considered this a hobby nor have I considered me a collector. I simply like these cars , I like to drive them , I like to look at them, nothing more, nothing less.
To my way of seeing this, I play with the cars for pleasure... it's a hobby. When I went to work and did the same thing for my living... it WAS different and it was a job (not that I didn't enjoy much of it). I search and gather toys, so I'm a collector (similar to hoarder, but with less stuff)... I try to keep my collecting practical enough that I can cash out close enough to even or justify the losses by the pleasure they have brought me.

Any other definitions for those terms might not apply to me as well.

Behind the panel covering the jack we found some service records.
IMAG5307.jpg
IMAG5306.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back