1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT Brogham & U code Super Comando

What year is that parts list? There were no convertibles in '71

That actually is a 70/71 parts list, downloaded from My Mopar. Obviously, a 71 only parts manual, if they made one, would not have the C body convertible. It is my understanding that the 71 parts manual was combined with the 70 manual. I may be wrong on that, but then again, I've never seen a "stand alone" 1971 parts manual.

James' car and mine are 70's. James has been curious what cars have the brace and what cars don't. I don't know if we've figured out if Dereck's car is missing the brace or not.

Your car looks amazing Derek. I remember it being for sale a long time before you bought it. I remember you buying it. I also remember thinking good luck with that one.
Of course I didn't know how serious you were. Seeing a guy come into the C body world , usually doesn't yield the results you've achieved, in fact I never have.
I'm glad I didn't have to write the checks or go through the anxiety. I'm also glad I don't own it because that anxiety wouldn't go away for me. I simply would be afraid to drive it and I wouldn't enjoy it. I do hope you do, for a long long time.....:thumbsup:
Derek, nice work! You saved a rare and unusual car, credit to you and Paul.

Question: where is the strobe stripe and GT for the side?

Derek, nice work! You saved a rare and unusual car, credit to you and Paul.

Question: where is the strobe stripe and GT for the side?

should be going on as we speak...:O)
thanx for the kudos folks but Paul reallllly deserves the credit for the work...all l did this time is have a little foresight and a chequebook....yay Paul :thumbsup:

My first owie :( My transmission linkage is a little out of adjustment and if I don't set the E-brake sometimes the car will try to cruise by itself. This time it rolled back about 6" into a fence.
P1050271.JPG

:mob:

Bugger.....show me the fence and l.Ll mow it down with the one ton...
On the bright side the mech will be in town next week

My first owie :( My transmission linkage is a little out of adjustment and if I don't set the E-brake sometimes the car will try to cruise by itself. This time it rolled back about 6" into a fence.
View attachment 94422

What timing, just before the man gets up there to see her again.

Sorry about the nick, but it had to come eventually.

It's beautiful Derek! I will admit that I would be hesitant to drive something in that condition.
I recently chose not to drive my vert up north for the long weekend because of the fresh resto under the hood.:BangHead:

What an outstanding car! I too hope you get out there and enjoy. I have, like many others hesitated to drive on long trips, from fear of reliability of so many things changed or from just the idiots on the road. Get it out there and drive it and show it off, life's too short.

I have had so much enjoyment of my 300 this spring, summer, and fall. I kicked my 5 year old car out of my garage and have been driving her all year.

All cars were built to be driven.

I couldn't just look at it and not drive as often as possible.

View attachment 94422

Well, the upside, if there is one, is that it is confined to the extension and should be a minor fix.

Well, the upside, if there is one, is that it is confined to the extension and should be a minor fix.
Not a problem, just a PITA. I think every car I've ever owned got some minor ding when it was new. Even the Fury. When it was about 6 mths old it was parked on the street in front of my apt. There were 3 cars parked behind it. Some idiot hit the furthest car and pushed it into the next. When the dust settled the car behind me was shoved into my trunk lid. Insurance replaced the lid.
Being the extension rust isn't a problem so I can just dab it with touch up paint.

Get it out there and drive it and show it off, life's too short.

I haven't told Critter yet but when we do the Out-Of-Province Inspection it requires a test drive.....I figure Ill need to get to the Mountains and back to really make sure it's safe for Critter to drive!
Safety First!
:steering:

All cars were built to be driven.

I couldn't just look at it and not drive as often as possible.

Easy to say without having the problem. Nice as the problem is, out of respect for the car you tend to be content with only a few nerve racking miles a year.
Safe to say Dereks is the only one built like it and now a #1 car.

Back