For Sale 1971 Sport Fury GT Coming, Loaded with Options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ralley road wheels !!

I think they bought the decals here...... http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Stripes_Lettering/Fury_S23_GT/71_GT_440.htm

nope Pheonix dosnt sell them anymore..discontinued for 71..bin der tryed dat..
.....no one makes a package for the 71 GT

thought l had worked out a deal with Preformance car graphics for my GT decals..pay him a decent dollar and he could use my car in adverts... but alas some folks words arent worth crap...
my interaction with Preformance Car graphics as follows....

To: cargraphix <cargraphix@aol.com>
Sent: Wed, May 13, 2015 12:44 am
Subject: 1971 plymouth fury GT decal grapics...

am looking for 1971 plymouth fury GT decal grapics...was wondering if you could help me out..

Thanx Kindly
Derek

Those we make complete sets for=hood-strobes-lettering.
They are made in reflective black or white.
Allow at least three weeks for us to cut-weed-mount-trim-ship.
Cost for complete set $635.00, plus shipping.
Web price may have an old error, which was only $399.00.
We do not make and sale them for the old price...

David Patik
Owner/Operator
850-878-1450
Performance Car Graphics
Order from our website
Connect with David Patik on LinkedIn
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

next email from him....

Send us your complete street address, and we'll send gold color samples.
The 1971 Fury stripes & Lettering were all reflective.
In the years since new, 3M has slightly changed reflective gold have to be a bit more yellow.
You would not want to mix nos and repro stripes on a car.
Satin gold non-reflective is much different, and can't be used on a car with reflective gold.
next message...
Please DO NOT take off those stripes until I have time to talk with you about measurements...
To: Performance Car Graphics <cargraphix@aol.com>
Sent: Sun, Oct 25, 2015 11:27 am
Subject: Re: 71 fury GT

morning Dave...got a call from my restorer yesterday...he tells me he called you the other day and said you've chosen to remove your services for my decals for my71 Plymouth fury GT he said you said their to hard to do....is this correct?

then l get this responce from him.....

"Very time consuming, and you can buy from any of the many stripe shops.
It takes tremendous time to weed all the strobes. This is a discontinued product...."

David Patik
Owner/Operator
850-878-1450
Performance Car Graphics
Order from our website
Connect with David Patik on LinkedIn
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

......so screw them both....have already transfered GT graphics to comp and will be printing out my own decals packages through a well known Graphics company in California

Is the black car an older restore or a survivor car? Seems like a lot of coin but damn it's cool in black. Those solid 71 chrome rims would have put it over the top

Is the black car an older restore or a survivor car? Seems like a lot of coin but damn it's cool in black. Those solid 71 chrome rims would have put it over the top

This is what the seller told me when iasked him if they repainted the car...........

~We did not......only buffed and waxed on our end.......may have been painted a few years back....if so..the painter did a great job...thanks Timmy

The weekend I told them I would bring a trailer on Saturday and they said it wasn't available was October 24th.... I was in Columbus to buy a new truck... If they had allowed me, they could have saved some effort on their part and I would have brought it home

The weekend I told them I would bring a trailer on Saturday and they said it wasn't available was October 24th.... I was in Columbus to buy a new truck... If they had allowed me, they could have saved some effort on their part and I would have brought it home

The ad is still on thier site, so I assume it is still for sale. Why would you not buy it now then? The price isn't that bad and something like that will likely just go up in value as these GTs become increasingly scarce, and this one is the best of the best it seems?

What did they say about their Price ?

ld say a repaint due to decals and decal locations.....

I can't see buying a Mopar from a Classic Car dealer.
If it isn't wrong, its overpriced. Can't have both. Well you can but it is so rare that I never count on it.

U = 440
1 = 1971
D = plant of manufacture (I'm not looking but probably Belvidere IL?)

so this would be the PP23U1D in the vin then that would identify it as a GT as the U1D is the 440-375 hp ??

In 1971 "PP23" in the beginning of the VIN means it is a SFGT.
Regular Sport Fury have a "PH2-" VIN

Carsten

Hi, sorta new to the site. Been inactive for awhile. I have been following this thread since it was posted. Looking at those VIN tags, the black car stamp looks suspect to me. I am not an expert, just a Mopar owner and enthusiast since the 60's, but the 1's look like I's. Is that common? Plus, the I's are not straight (lined up) in the sequence. I love the look of this car, and have been searching for one of these for awhile. Quick change of topic for one minute, what do you guys think about the White Sport Fury in Little Rock that's been on Craigslist forever?

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/5297544205.html

00v0v_8EZBjKsA0Eq_600x450.jpg

Sport Fury, 383 ,ac,pb,ps. 78,000 original miles, never restored. White with black interior. Every thing works but the clock. Best to email me, SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY. This car is AWESOME, gets more attention than my Cuda.

• ☎ (501) 743-8255

What do I think? Beautiful car for 75 hundred....

Thanks...that's what I was thinking, $7,000-$8,500 range. What do you think of the rust in the trunk?

the white one sold on ebay for 7500$ out of my head a few years ago.
Trunk rust wouldn't scare me but I am not scared by rust easily anyhow.
Be prepared for bidywork (bottom of the rearwindow channel)

Carsten

Hi, sorta new to the site. Been inactive for awhile. I have been following this thread since it was posted. Looking at those VIN tags, the black car stamp looks suspect to me. I am not an expert, just a Mopar owner and enthusiast since the 60's, but the 1's look like I's. Is that common? Plus, the I's are not straight (lined up) in the sequence. I love the look of this car, and have been searching for one of these for awhile. Quick change of topic for one minute, what do you guys think about the White Sport Fury in Little Rock that's been on Craigslist forever?
He had 14K on this car as recently as last week as he offered it to me for that price. I passed as that was way too much for a car that needs a bit of work. Half of that is closer to reality. It is a nice car and would make a good tourer. The rust in the trunk isn't too much work, if there aren't any holes it should be able to be sealed up without too much trouble. Stan(commando1) did this recently in a thread and did quite a nice job.

thinkiin real hard on this car..would love to have matched set fer giggles so l could screw with folks butttttt few things buggin me about this car..
decals....repaint
wrong caps on rims...woulda just had orriginal ones rechromed
no pic of fender tag....tags...this thing has more options than mine so shoullld be 2 tag car...
l wana see GT badgeing on trunk
is also missing 440 under front side signal lights...should have...cant see someone not wanting to put those back on...would be checking backside of fenders looking for those holes for the 440 badgeing...possible front end damage to point both fenders were replaced? this may explain why motor for lights is missing the rubber cover over it..espeacily for a 51k low mileage car
...as mentioned vin tags on door are diffrent as well...would like to see dash vin tag and see if rosette fasteners were in place still...lotta questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back