For Sale 1971 Sport Fury GT Coming, Loaded with Options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the GTs the vynal roof and the rubber bumperette matched...is why l asked you if youll put the white vynal on yours

if you look at alota the gts out there or the posers that rubber bumperette will be missing
ie...
71gt_3.jpg

on the GTs the vynal roof and the rubber bumperette matched...is why l asked you if youll put the white vynal on yours

if you look at alota the gts out there or the posers that rubber bumperette will be missing
ie...
71gt_3.jpg
That's an interesting and important bit of information , thanks for that!

Torsion bars cranked way too high...and yes the GT decals are jacked up...they need to ride closer to the centre of the hood like this:

most everything looks kosher on this car but the hood decal and tryin to figure out why...front end accident and it was replaced?...repaint?...clone?

would like to see if GT on hood has been painted and not a decal .... anyway the why has me wonderin as it should....
and the center consul fitment was off

Found myself thinkin hard on this one ......

started looking closer and found another oddity on this one...rear side decals are amiss on this car......painted or decal thier wrong...

shouldnt look like this...
12094_NzEgUGx5bVNGIHJnaHQgcmVhcjIuanBn.jpg

they should look like this
o

Beautiful car - I would love to have it, but it is about $5K too high perhaps, but since it is black and rare and highly desirable, maybe not. For the asking price, they could have at least put on the correct early center caps rather than the later variety, and they could get the stance right - the front torsion bars are too high and the rear leaf springs are too high too - maybe air shocks jacked up all the way? It is prefectly optioned for my tastes too. Black is beautiful.

Collector Car Market Review Value Report
1971 PLYMOUTH FURY GT 440-375hp (8cyl-4V) AT

#5#4#3#2#1
2dr Hardtop1850447598251412522500

Add:
Power windows5%
Buckets w/console10%
Power sunroof25%
Deduct:
No air conditioning-10%

ya outa my league to...even if l sold the 70...29k us to me would be about 40k canadian by the time it set foot in canada...

all this aside are a few things bothering me besides decals...white bumperette bugging me and cant see the GT emblem on rear trunk...
starting to wonder if this is just a nice black 2 door basic sport fury made up to look like a GT...
more documentation needed...fender tags,,,build sheets ect

starting to wonder if this is just a nice black 2 door basic sport fury made up to look like a GT...
I don't think so. From what I'm seeing, it appears that only Sport Fury GT's have the bumps (or whatever they are called... see picture) on the fenders. Someone would have to do a lot of work to put those on there for what would be a very small gain (if any profit) when you factor in the price of the GT fenders, paint, etc. Now, that being said, it may have been done by a previous owner, or it might have even been an option for normal Sport Fury's... I'm not sure. As stated, the only way to know for sure would be by fender tag / build sheet. This car has piqued my interest.
gt.jpg

gt.jpg

for a car thats suposebly only has 51 k on it should be in reasonbly good shape so cant find a explanation for the wacky decals short of a total repaint...imagine the eshelons (bad spellin) could be added easly..in anycase fender tags should sort it all out but have my suspisions..belive this car was in a accident at some point or is a poser...as always buyer beware

also lack of the GT badge on rear trunk has me wondering...cant really see it but in the pic of the GT above you can clearly see the badge
71gt_3.jpg

mine
attachment.php

I always thought those "bumps" as you call them were just stuck on there.

Those were a part of the 1971 Sport Fury GT package options. They are part of the light package (fender mounted turn signal indicators, which is part of the front "bump" - the two rearward ones were just additional decoration). One reason I prefer the 1970 model SFGTs is that to me, they were a little cleaner with less garish decals and didn't have the rear bumper guards (appliques) nor the excessive turn signal indicator package. And the grille and tail lights were cleaner too. The 1971 models do have the 440HP engine though and a much nicer set of bucket seats in the interior.

no...they have tabs that go into the fender...l think....bought a new nos set for mine...probally last NOS set out there....not easy to find them..offa other cars mayby...

if l could see the GT lock tag on trunk would be good step to authenticate it..at this point have more questions than awnsers so it kinda bugs me...

I like it alot , there,s something to do but find another one....
Did expect they put some (Original) tires under it.
I think it,s sold in a few days.

A call to simply ask for the VIN would do it, wouldn't it?
You have to have the fender tag or a build sheet. The VIN doesn't declare whether it's a GT or not. The VIN says that it's a Fury, Premium Price Class, Two Door Hardtop, and 440 HP. I don't know the rest.
*Edit*: It was made in Belvedere, Illinois.
12094_NzEgUGx5bVNGIGxmdCBkZXQuanBn.jpg

Last edited:
vin is shown but has just basics...tags would be nice..this should be a 2 tag car due to the options...mines a 2 tag car and this black one has cruise and possibly tilt steering over mine so is definitley gona be a 2 tag car

tags would explain alot as to what the car is and whats susposed to be with it.

dont get me wrong the car has a good look and not a bad looking interior and is actully pretty close to the car l orriginally wanted less the gt option

just tryin to sort out some questions

that one was built a month or 2 before mine...

hmmm...just noticed vin tags were diffrent...more questions...nappy time

no...they have tabs that go into the fender...l think....bought a new nos set for mine...probally last NOS set out there....not easy to find them..offa other cars mayby...

if l could see the GT lock tag on trunk would be good step to authenticate it..at this point have more questions than awnsers so it kinda bugs me...

Those lock tags faded fast in the real world, so it is not surprising the one on that car isn't so visible. I sold one of those 1971 SFGTs I had to Finland, and the lock tag on that car was almost blank looking it was so faded, even though the paint was original.

just what we needed..thanx...anyone sort out what it had for rims...cant quite find or see

re faded emblems ....mines like that now

so this is real so question now is what happened to decals...am thinking a possible repaint?
thing that bugs me is front hood decals look real but are placed wrong...stripes look correct but GT decals at rear are off and not correct..possible rear end accident?....may explain the white rubber bumperette...gotta see if thats on build sheet..anyway hope someone from this site grabs it
....hate new windows 10...havent sorted out how to magnify things yet...argh...gettin old sucks...

Ralley road wheels !!

I think they bought the decals here...... http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Stripes_Lettering/Fury_S23_GT/71_GT_440.htm

I wonder if Performance Graphics really did them since the shape of the letters is not correct? I doubt anyone would buy them unless they really were authentic. Or maybe people just don't notice? I suspect the car has been repainted and new graphics decals were added as a result, but not placed correctly on the hood at least.

Those rear bumper urethane appliques were standard on all Sport Furys in 1971, even the non-GTs (see MrCs post #79) so the one on this black car is correct, and correctly color coded with the stripes.

71SFGT can always be identified on the VIN.
The 1970s need the fender tag/Broadcastsheet/window sticker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back