1978 NYB New Engine.....

Well, I have a 400 with 64K. Runs very well. Probably needs a timing chain because it may still have the original nylon gears. And of course a couple of gaskets.

First person to show up gets the engine.

$500 with Edelbrock Performer intake and Mopar Performance valve covers.

$300 Minus the intake and valve covers.

I would like to see someone here get the engine.

But....if I don't have a firm commitment by the end of the day Saturday it's going on C/L and it'll be gone in 24 hours.

PM me if you are interested.

20180817_112530.jpg

Last edited:
TTI's don't fit? I wouldn't think there would be a lot of difference between the spool mount K-frame and the earlier style.

Kevin

I've been through this dilemma for many years.

No headers or TTI system available for Formals for at least the last decade.

Have to mod the radiator so it will fit. It's about 4 and a half not wide enough.
20180818_101806.jpg

I've had my woes with headers. Headers bolts, flange bolts coming loose. Burning all the gaskets constantly. Burning up spark plug wires. Not worth the extra 5 hp in my book.

Well fellas, with the rapid pace of the engine swap (with the help of my Army buddies Mike and Eric). I have hit a few roadblocks that will require another weekend before I can fire the new engine. The +100 degree heat index took it's toll on 3 retired Warfighters in their mid 60's too.

It took me all day to find a few critical parts including electrical and AN fuel line fittings.

I still need to find some 3.5" x18" by 3/16" aluminum strips to mod the radiator install. I don't want it to look like a Fiat/Tyrone mod. There just isn't any metal shops open during the weekend.

Here is a picture with the remote power steering reservoir mounted to the side of the battery tray.

20180818_142932.jpg

I do have a fresh air filter element for it and I'm going to get the top air cleaner lid powder coated.

Any idea where i can get a vacuum tree that mounts on the rear of the intake manifod? Only need one with 2 ports now.

Back