1978 NYB New Engine.....

So what exactly is the issue with the radiator, Bob. The mounting holes on the radiator are too narrow for the the mounting holes on the radiator support? In other words, it's not wide enough?
Can you snap a pic comparing the two?

That beautiful garage that I'm working is a county away.

The radiator mounts are 28" wide and Formal radiator mount holes are 32"-34" wide. I can't remember exactly. Anyways if I had 2 plates 3"x18"x3/16". I can make it work. Drill and bolt the plates to the the radiator mounts and then the same to the original radiator mounts on the core support.

20180818_101806.jpg

That beautiful garage that I'm working is a county away.

The radiator mounts are 28" wide and Formal radiator mount holes are 34" wide. I can remember exactly. Anyways if I had 2 plates 3"x18"x3/16". I can make it work. Drill and bolt the plates to the the radiator mounts and then the same to the original radiator mounts on the core support.
3/16ths??? :wideyed:
How about 1/16th steel at H-D.

Trying to keep a uniform look with it being all aluminum and not like a Fiat/Tyrone fabrication.

Fiat/Tyrone...... :lol:

Anyways all minor stuff from here.
Will be interesting to see how she cools. The cam break in should be a litmus test, or did they already run the cam in at the rebuilder?

Fiat/Tyrone...... :lol:

Anyways all minor stuff from here.
Will be interesting to see how she cools. The cam break in should be a litmus test, or did they already run the cam in at the rebuilder?

The engine builder ran the engine for 20 minutes on the dyno.

I believe the radiator will be flush to the core support or damn close.

I can't remember but I believe the entire radiator with everything attached weighs 41 lbs.

Back