2017 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals July 14-16

I gotta say this Carlisle trip was the best by far of all my previous trips there. Met a lot of old (and new) friends, and I also missed a bunch of people I really wanted to see and talk with. Maybe next year. . .

In addition to picking up a few obscure parts, I also had a great adventure with John (75LandYacht) Friday night when we followed a guy back to his house / shop to look over a '66 date coded 440 engine and a box full of road wheel center caps. Guy said it was only an hour a way, but after an hour and a half following him into a pretty remote area, we thought we began to hear banjo music. . . I told John that if I get murdered here on this mountain, please tell my wife I love her. . .

In the end, everything went well. I bought the engine, and John bought the box full of center caps.

And one more thing: Jer now owes me three St. Paulie Girls. . .
AAARRRGGGHHHH, YER KILLIN' ME RIP.THEY'RE WERE AH FEW HICKUPZ FOR THIS 'OLE DAWG THIS YEAR. Their'll be ah "designated 6PK with your name on it next year Pal, I PROMISE. And Next year I'll leave the Church Key zip tied to the cooler handle and any of Dave's Family can play distribution agent weather I'm there or not? The FULL COOLER OF ST PAULI AND 8oz waterz on ice waz-wer in the Scamp bed and backed up to Dave's canopy facing Manufacturers Row. I waz hoping the whole world would see the little Trucklet with the 10 YO Michigan plate on it and someone at the Group Canopy take up ah collection for ah new plate fer poor Jer, lol.

AAARRRGGGHHHH, YER KILLIN' ME RIP.THEY'RE WERE AH FEW HICKUPZ FOR THIS 'OLE DAWG THIS YEAR. Their'll be ah "designated 6PK with your name on it next year Pal, I PROMISE. And Next year I'll leave the Church Key zip tied to the cooler handle and any of Dave's Family can play distribution agent weather I'm there or not? The FULL COOLER OF ST PAULI AND 8oz waterz on ice waz-wer in the Scamp bed and backed up to Dave's canopy facing Manufacturers Row. I waz hoping the whole world would see the little Trucklet with the 10 YO Michigan plate on it and someone at the Group Canopy take up ah collection for ah new plate fer poor Jer, lol.

Next year, Jer. . . Yer gonna owe me four St. Paulie Girls. . .

For whatever reason, I really like this car. I guess I've never paid much attention to the 72s. Suppose I should start.... Thanks for the pics.

DSC00198.JPG

That would be my next C if'n I could find one .. wagon or 2dht. .. That one is particularly gorgeous to me.

Even the back is great. Really nice lines on the car. I really like my 70 SF, but if I had to get rid of it for some reason....

IMG_1526.JPG

Even the back is great. Really nice lines on the car. I really like my 70 SF, but if I had to get rid of it for some reason....

View attachment 134053
Yea, I love that short strike line that checks up just behind the door but sort of continues as a ghost line to the rear of the car.
The roof line always gets me too. Just a hulk but so elegant!

Why do you need St Paulie? I think the Stroh's is a better beer!
:D
Sympathies to you my child. After spending 50 yearz in a "Burb" of Detroit less then 50 milez from Stroh HQ I've had more then ah few opportunities to sample THAT YELLOW WATER and I guess we can disagree to disagree on that one my friend. My German rootz taught me well starting at the prime age of 11 to distinguish good from bad brew. My Mothers Dad started me driving the 39 Dodge 5spd 1 1/2 ton farm truck at that age I started hauling grain back into the grainery on his dairy farm 40 milez west of Green Bay and if you worked no mater your age, every 2nd load that came back from the fieldz, Gramps went to the cellar and handed out an 8oz shorty for every one. My 11 YO memory sayz St. Pauli iz az close az I'm ever gonna get or need to get to that taste and thatz fine with me so there, PUTBH, Jer

Last edited:
Cantflip, I'm so happy for you that your Imperial won 1st in the Formal class! I have never been to Carlisle, but at least the car did!
Mr C... all the work that won that is yours... but I'm keeping the plaque anyway.:lol::thankyou:

I just got home, hot and tired after unloading... I will get to my replies later. One reason or another... I had my head up my arse most of the weekend... back issues, car parts and prior obligations mixed in with an apparent inability to tell time in a swap meet all helped me miss several members I truly wanted to spend time with. And I never get enough time with those I do get to see for a while.

First a big thank you to Jer, the shared room and experiences have taken a friendship much deeper. A huge thank you to those who fed and watered me throughout the weekend... I broke bread with Will, Kenny and Sammie and of course Jer.

I was watered and/or beered by Dave, Dave, John, John(see what I mean about this) Zac, Will, Sammie (and Kenny), and Jer... gosh I hope I didn't leave anyone out... but my thanks to the C body community who tended the village idiot... I never managed to load the cooler or get ice, but was always well tended to.

Another big Thank You to Zac for hauling some of my crap home and to John for protecting the next batch I found and abandoned in his camp site. Also a shout out to Shooter65 who offered his help and guidance in PGH, I wouldn't have figured it out without you.

Thank you to all who have congratulated me on Mr C's efforts... I am proud to be the owner of the car... and she IS beautiful.

And a final Thank you to Mr C... for choosing me to be the next caregiver for the Twins... Maybe a 2 door would be in order for next year.

Back