2018 Hurricane Season... looks like the fun is begining...

What is the most important item in your hurricane survival kit?

• Beer

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Condoms

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Ammunition

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Cigarettes

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Boy, she's slow moving... all the best to Jer and others getting wet... your in our thoughts and prayers
033326_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

3am Friday here, wind is getting very gusty, already had to repair a door that blew open. It's not much and that may be a good sign. Rain isn't heavy yet so I guess it is still coming. New Bern is being hit by tidal surge and is now cut off from what I am hearing. It is 40 min drive from here. This waiting business sucks.

3am Friday here, wind is getting very gusty, already had to repair a door that blew open. It's not much and that may be a good sign. Rain isn't heavy yet so I guess it is still coming. New Bern is being hit by tidal surge and is now cut off from what I am hearing. It is 40 min drive from here. This waiting business sucks.
Looks like a long day weekend ahead for you... hopefully when she passes, you won't have too much clean up to do. Take care Gary.

Still terrible but better news.....the hurricane has been downgraded to a Cat 1.

I just seen on the news that our local animal shelter just rescued a bunch of dogs from a couple of North Carolina shelters. I'm a people lover and of course people cared for first... but I'm an animal lover too and I'm glad the dogs are being cared for too.

I just spoke to Jer who is currently in the eye of the storm and is doing ok. No power but no damage up to this point and also no way to charge his cellphone....:BangHead:

Raining and wind gusts but seems we have missed the worst of it. I'm breathing a bit better lol. Flooding is bad though, but i am high and dry.

I just tried his cell and left a voicemail.
Me too. Jeff was kind enough to send it to me.
Hurricane Irma, last year, knocked out my cellular service and cable internet service FOR A WEEK. Gawd that was scary to have near-zero communication after a disaster. :eek:

Prayin for Jer and Gail.

Meanwhile Northern Luzon just got hit with a Super Typhoon with gusts up to 200 mph. Over the land the typhoon dropped to Category 4 before heading into the South China Sea and pass just below Hong Kong still as a Category 4 storm. Leyte got hit with a similar one in 2016 that killed 6000. Northern Luzon is more sparsely populated although any building in the region will be ripped away down to every last one of them.

Meanwhile Northern Luzon just got hit with a Super Typhoon with gusts up to 200 mph. Over the land the typhoon dropped to Category 4 before heading into the South China Sea and pass just below Hong Kong still as a Category 4 storm. Leyte got hit with a similar one in 2016 that killed 6000. Northern Luzon is more sparsely populated although any building in the region will be ripped away down to every last one of them.
This is horrible, thoughts and prayers are also with these folks. My wife had to call amazon customer care about some damaged goods we received and surprise surprise, ended up talking with a really sweet girl in that region who expressed her fears of the coming storm. This girl still just has a tarp for a roof since the last storm...

He told me he has no car charger.
Hopefully he will find a way to contact one of us soon and everything is ok. Looks like the storm will still be affecting his area overnight, so I doubt he will have any real options until tomorrow. Then it will be a matter of how much flooding, down trees and power lines keep him stuck at the house.

That is a long, miserable and scary amount of time to be stuck in the house without any real options other than 911, which will be working triage for several days.

Also looking for the rest of you to update...
@C Body Bob @Wollfen @sauterd @Yeahrightgreer @BigblueC @mr. fix it (daughter)

The news will continue to repeat the more dramatic information, but is nearly useless when you want to see what the actual conditions are.

:confused::confused::confused:
That is a true tragedy and a worthy cause if you're trying to raise some sort of humanitarian aid for the victims.

I am currently concerned for the friends I have made here, and how they are fairing. Not that they have faced anything like the same devastation, but as we are Americans, it's a state of emergency when the TV stops working... let alone the air conditioning...

:usflag:

I’m good. The storm went south of me & weakened significantly. Winds 10-20 with a few gust to 30. Rainfall here at my place only 2 1/2 inches. Feeling very fortunate.

Here in Lexington it's starting out like a typical rainy/stormy day. We're getting a few gust here and there, but nothing significant (maybe 20 mph). The storm is doing a weird hook around me going to my South, and then it's slated to go to my West. (I'm South of Greensboro)
upload_2018-9-15_8-29-53.png

Woke up this morning thinking about these guy's, still praying they are all safe. I realize there will be some difficulties checking in with us and we may not be their first priority. Praying for the area that typhoon hit, that the right people are there to lend the aid required to the area

Well I called Wollfen. His home phone went to voice mail. His Cell is apparently not turned on. He told me yesterday he was confident his place was safe.

Back