'69 Fury III Convertible Build Thread- Project IVY

I love how we can watch the tranformationGreat Work Nick :DSh!t, I almost choked and spat coffee on my work computer. LOL, I love this forum. Imagine the trouble we would get into if we all got together for a huge gathering.

We did a test gathering at Carlisle...... It was great...! No one died...And most of us got T-shirts.

I'm going to try to have one of my others (other than my challenger) there next year. My challenger was acting up so badly at the nats I bailed on Sunday all together didn't want to be tempted with selling or trading so just pointed it in the wind and limped home.

Nick, the car has really come along! The trunk pan looks great! Wish I had your metal working skills. Keep the pics/progress coming.

I love how we can watch the tranformationGreat Work Nick :DSh!t, I almost choked and spat coffee on my work computer. LOL, I love this forum. Imagine the trouble we would get into if we all got together for a huge gathering.
I appreciate it, it's been an interesting transformation.
We did a test gathering at Carlisle...... It was great...! No one died...And most of us got T-shirts.

I think we need to do another Gathering at Carlisle 2014!

Nick, the car has really come along! The trunk pan looks great! Wish I had your metal working skills. Keep the pics/progress coming.

I appreciate the kind words, when Craig was over he said something that made me Chuckle, "Anyone can weld new Shiny metal, Not blowing holes all over old rusty metal is a true skill"

Your friend Craig saying "Anyone can weld new Shiny metal, Not blowing holes all over old rusty metal is a true skill."

There is no truer statement, seeing what you started with and seeing it come together like like it has tells you that you have tenacity and true skill.

Knowing how bad Ontario winters can be on cars. It's fantastic to see you changed Angel from a 'Angel of Death' to one of hope and reincarnation.

a big hats off to you, good sir:eek:ccasion14:

Your friend Craig saying "Anyone can weld new Shiny metal, Not blowing holes all over old rusty metal is a true skill."

There is no truer statement, seeing what you started with and seeing it come together like like it has tells you that you have tenacity and true skill.

Knowing how bad Ontario winters can be on cars. It's fantastic to see you changed Angel from a 'Angel of Death' to one of hope and reincarnation.

a big hats off to you, good sir:eek:ccasion14:

Thank you, appreciate the kind words.

Still recouperating from Moparfest!

Anyway, been doing some reading so I went and got numbers off the SB I have good and bad news, The Bad, I missread the numbers when I tried to decode the motor, the good, Everything but the Block matches a '69 C Body 318 built in late August in Windsor

The Block However, is a mid year 1973 E Body 360 built in Windsor

My boss figures the original 318 threw a rod and they pulled a junkyard small block and just swapped everything over.

So, if anyone in Ontario has a '68/'69 318 they'd like to part with, let me know........

Nick

The Block However, is a mid year 1973 E Body 360 built in Windsor
So, if anyone in Ontario has a '68/'69 318 they'd like to part with, let me know........
I wouldn't get to bent over the rail about locating a date matching 318 for your car Nick. It never will be a numbers matching powertrain..... so..... If your going to have a non-matching motor, your better off with the 360.

I wouldn't get to bent over the rail about locating a date matching 318 for your car Nick. It never will be a numbers matching powertrain..... so..... If your going to have a non-matching motor, your better off with the 360.

The 360 is going to scrap, I absoloutley hate that engine, and I blame it for everything, that and it's a POS motor, eats oil, pours it out of everwhere.

I will watch it be crushed or shredded,

I WILL Find a '69 318, I have a lead on one now, it's out of a '69 Coronet............

I'm more pissed about myself than anything, I sold a November '68 Windsor built C body 318...............for $150 complete pan to carb.................even if it was shot.......

The 360 is going to scrap, I absoloutley hate that engine, and I blame it for everything, that and it's a POS motor, eats oil, pours it out of everwhere.
QUOTE]
What engine was it that you spent a bunch of time cleaning and cosmetically restoring.....? The 360....?

There may be someone over on the E body site that would be interested in it as a core.... Instead of scrapping it.

I know others who despise the 360. I'd be putting a 440 in your car! What you're learning is priceless. It's amazing how far you've brought that car already!

I know others who despise the 360. I'd be putting a 440 in your car! What you're learning is priceless. It's amazing how far you've brought that car already!
I agreeD, it wants BB power...at the very least a 383 with a big 4bbl carb and hot cam.

Need those fender covers when I'm forced to work on that oil burning and puking 360..............
When your horse dies, get off. ;)

Hey Nick, shoot me a Canadian/American text at 614-205-8927 if that's possible. My PM's here are whacky & Matt gets them all for some reason & maybe you haven't received some of my responses.

When your horse dies, get off. ;)

Hey Nick, shoot me a Canadian/American text at 614-205-8927 if that's possible. My PM's here are whacky & Matt gets them all for some reason & maybe you haven't received some of my responses.
Will do.

Nick: That firewall is a disaster. Looks like you'll be doing some welding.
This one?

I hope not, I just finished welding it up and finishing it a few months back.

Back