For Sale 70 Monaco 500 FK5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell your friend I said he's an A hole please ....:thankyou:

He is not a personal friend, just a person from which I am interested in some of the NOS parts for my virtually identical car (and I only made my interest known after I was convinced he was going to go through with what he said he would do if no one stepped up before the weekend). I didn't want him to separate the NOS parts from the sale or do what he is doing, but I can't tell him what to do with his own property, but I did express my wish that it wouldn't have come to this. It is a business decision for him and none of us stepped up to the plate (despite what was a very good deal to someone who actually likes these cars) to prevent it. He will probably be losing some $3500 himself from this route.

If this had been a more desirable, more classy Sport Fury GT with hidden headlights and more sporty image, it likely wouldn't have gone this way. But it is/was only just a Dodge, so no one but me seems to really want one. :poke:

Last edited:
So where did this clown try to sell the Monaco besides Facebook? I didn't see it in Hemmings or E bay. Was it on CL? Seems to me he never gave the car a chance. He himself never advertised it here. I would have went 1800 without the NOS parts.... Almost like he tried to lose money.

So where did this clown try to sell the Monaco besides Facebook? I didn't see it in Hemmings or E bay. Was it on CL? Seems to me he never gave the car a chance. He himself never advertised it here. I would have went 1800 without the NOS parts.... Almost like he tried to lose money.
I'd have to say 1800 would be cheap to me personally, If it had been a 1970 Sport Fury with factory 440(supposedly rebuilt), bucket seats, center console, AC and virtually no rust there would have been people lined up. Then again, it would have been called a GT which gets everyone's juices flowing. So a GT in that condition would easily be worth $6K all day long if not more. I am surprised no one wanted it with NOS parts in the deal for $3500 which is still a good deal. Plus the FB cbody forums get far more coverage than here.

My understanding was that he read through our Forum and targeted Wyatt as a most likely guy to be interested in the car, and contacted him. I don't know if he asked Wyatt to post his link or not. Also, like Wolfen said, he also targeted Facebook sites that he also thought would have the most interest. That is all I know about. But if he is like me, I try my best to avoid Craigslist for selling any cars as there are just too many scammers and deadbeats to fool with and too many calls/contacts. From my impression, he is a busy guy working from dawn to dusk and didn't want to spend a lot of time trying to reach out to too many others. He said he has very limited storage space and needed it gone asap. If the outreach he did perform wasn't enough to interest someone after some 5 weeks I guess, he felt no one would want it when it was a screaming deal, and I believe it really was. I got the NOS parts list, and he was right, those parts were worth more than the $3500 and many are impossible to find anymore, hence my interest. And like Wolfen said, if it were a SFGT, it would have gone fast. That is the reality - C body Dodges are not that sought after except by the loyal few here like myself and few others perhaps outside this forum.

Last edited:
there are a few weirdos how really like them
6443.JPG

The vendor showed excellent craftsmanship on a '69 New Yorker, which he customized into a 300, with an Imperial dash. The paint job is not to my taste, but I have to admit that it is very well done:

Lee Meyer '69 Custom_View from Upstairs.jpg
Lee Meyer '69 Custom_Rear Flank View.jpg
Lee Meyer '69 Custom_Dash from Pass side.jpg

By the way, how can I contact him? (I don't want to use FB.) I'm willing to buy those buckets from the parted out car.

The vendor showed excellent craftsmanship on a '69 New Yorker, which he customized into a 300, with an Imperial dash. The paint job is not to my taste, but I have to admit that it is very well done:

View attachment 234576 View attachment 234577 View attachment 234578

By the way, how can I contact him? (I don't want to use FB.) I'm willing to buy those buckets from the parted out car.

don't forget to mention the radiator support from a 69 Town&Country including fender tag :)

He will probably be losing some $3500 himself from this route.
Well, too bad for him. As @polara71 said, he's not a Mopar guy, or he would have done more to keep this car together. I don't buy cars without having a place to store them, and if he was this far into it when he got the 300 (good for him) he should have followed through. That's my opinion. He should have known how much he had on his plate, especially as a business owner.

And I am notoriously cheap, but I'll spend if it's something I want, need, have to have, for one of my cars. Wyatt would have been the guy, but hauling all that back to Illinois would have sucked, and been a long day packing it all up. And in the end, you'd have to really love the car, because as it's been said, you'll be upside down if your plan is to sell. I know when I restore my Monaco, I'll be in the hole, but I don't plan to sell, ever. I'll have to start interviewing relatives who might get it when I can't drive!

It is a cool car, but the seller is the only one to blame that this car is going away in pieces. Bummer.

Last edited:
Well, too bad for him. As @polara71 said, he's not a Mopar guy, or he would have done more to keep this car together. I don't buy cars without having a place to store them, and if he was this far into it when he got the 300 (good for him) he should ha e followed through. That's my opinion. He should have known how much he had on his plate, especially as a business owner.

And I am notoriously cheap, but I'll spend if it's something I want, need, have to have, for one ofy cars. Wyatt would have been the guy, but hauling all that back to Illinois would have sucked, and been a long day packing it all up. And in the end, you'd have to really love the car,because as it's been said, you'll be upside down if your plan is to sell. I know when I restore my Monaco, I'll be in the hole, but I don't plan to sell, ever. I'll have to start interviewing relatives who might get it when I can't drive!

It is a cool car, but the seller is the only one to blame that this car is going away in pieces. Bummer.
And he didn't buy it that long ago which means he gave up very easily.
It's worse though than not being a Mopar guy, he's not a car guy. He's in it for the money ...only.

:wtf: Please tell that wasn't profitable...:BangHead:

@3500, I'd have been tempted... just to reassemble and save her. :drama:

Wait... are you saying the same guy who built this hideous, idiotic YorkerHundred is also the guy who parted the Monaco?

His business model is apparently to find rare cars in rare trim/colors and ruin them. I sure HOPE he loses money!

"Like" is not the right word for you Waytt. I know. It is more like "crazy about them". But at least you have a real GT to balance the insanity. Poor Dave is just whacked! :D

And he didn't buy it that long ago which means he gave up very easily.
It's worse though than not being a Mopar guy, he's not a car guy. He's in it for the money ...only.

That ignores his reality. He is a forward look guy, and not a fuselage guy. And he does what his customers pay him to do, not what he would necessarily like to do.

Would you go out of your way to save a 1957 Dodge Coronet that you had bought when in his position, and take an even heavier loss by putting it all back together, or would you buy the Polara of your dreams when it made its unexpected appearance at the precisely wrong time and cut your losses otherwise? I think we all know the answer car guy.

I am not so full of myself that I can't see another person's perspective. Its too limiting. The stuff we all here like a lot is viewed by the general population as "old mens' cars" and think we are daffy - and couldn't care less if they were all crushed - but it doesn't matter to me. Its my life and I can see why they think I am nuts too. I just don't care what they think. These are just old cars in reality, not something that really matters, and you won't be able to take them with you when you are gone.

Last edited:
That ignores his reality. He is a forward look guy, and not a fuselage guy. And he does what his customers pay him to do, not what he would necessarily like to do.

Would you go out of your way to save a 1957 Dodge Coronet that you had bought when in his position, and take an even heavier loss by putting it all back together, or would you buy the Polara of your dreams when it made its unexpected appearance at the precisely wrong time and cut your losses otherwise? I think we all know the answer car guy.

I am not so full of myself that I can't see another person's perspective. Its too limiting. The stuff we all here like a lot is viewed by the general population as "old mens' cars" and think we are daffy - and couldn't care less if they were all crushed - but it doesn't matter to me. Its my life and I can see why they think I am nuts too. I just don't care what they think. These are just old cars in reality, not something that really matters, and you won't be able to take them with you when you are gone.

Beep Beep Dave's car would be long gone if I'd sold it to the derby guy who wanted it. At a profit.

...and I'd never rip something apart without a deposit from a customer. That Deposit would keep me on the profit side of things even if I took a loss on a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back