Any recommended company of remanufactured engines?

I'd really doubt the block suffered any damage, crank and a rod, maybe...
The question is why did it suffer a rod knock? Oil system failure? What were you doing when the knock first occurred? We know the two previous owners, did anybody allege that the engine had been rebuilt?

I hate you. You are officially on the "You Suck" list. :wav:

watch out !

the octane ratings will be different.
There is ROZ and MOZ.
Israel 98 will be US 94

Even with US 94 (german 98) I do have pinging problems today.
Not knowing how good the fuel supply and quality in Israel is in reality I would be careful when choosing the pistons and compression.

Carsten

Carsten

watch out ! the octane ratings will be different. There is ROZ and MOZ. Israel 98 will be US 94 Even with US 94 (german 98) I do have pinging problems today. Not knowing how good the fuel supply and quality in Israel is in reality I would be careful when choosing the pistons and compression. Carsten Carsten

Thank you, Carsten.

In Israel I use the 95 octane. Supposing that I will rebuild the engine, what should I do choosing the Pistons? I know that the original specs for the engine compression is 8.2.

Thank you, Carsten.

In Israel I use the 95 octane. Supposing that I will rebuild the engine, what should I do choosing the Pistons? I know that the original specs for the engine compression is 8.2.

You should be fine. I run my 8.8:1 compression motor on 91 Octane (our highest) without detonation.

You should be fine. I run my 8.8:1 compression motor on 91 Octane (our highest) without detonation.

Thanks.

But if i rebuild the engine the compression ratio will change and will not match the original specification of 8.2:1' right?

It shouldn't unless the head and block are found not to be flat and one of both are machined to make them flat. In any case, you're worrying about something which may not occur. The car would run fine if properly rebuilt and Tuned up regardless of whether the compression is altered.

Just get the engine removed and off to the mechanic and proceed from there.

I'd really doubt the block suffered any damage, crank and a rod, maybe...
The question is why did it suffer a rod knock? Oil system failure? What were you doing when the knock first occurred? We know the two previous owners, did anybody allege that the engine had been rebuilt?
.............:edgy:..............

8.2:1 would be a ideal number. If you cc the heads and measure the amount pistons are down in the bore, you will most likely find it to be more in the high 7s. Your engine should have a cast crank, if you did wipe it out, doubtful Ohio crankshaft was selling cast cranks for $290 connecting rods can be had through many of the high performance U.S. engine builders or just order aftermarket rods for cheap insurance. If you go with forged crank you will have to change you dampener and remove the weights on the converter, even more work. Rebuild what you have, if the rod did not break and or turn blue, it can be refurbished common practice no matter what kind of engine.

A buddy of mine has this. I would have no worries about buying something he built. He probably wouldn't want to be bothered with shipping it though but I would lend a hand as long as I was reimbursed for my time.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/pts/5207922803.html

8.2:1 would be a ideal number. If you cc the heads and measure the amount pistons are down in the bore, you will most likely find it to be more in the high 7s. Your engine should have a cast crank, if you did wipe it out, doubtful Ohio crankshaft was selling cast cranks for $290 connecting rods can be had through many of the high performance U.S. engine builders or just order aftermarket rods for cheap insurance. If you go with forged crank you will have to change you dampener and remove the weights on the converter, even more work. Rebuild what you have, if the rod did not break and or turn blue, it can be refurbished common practice no matter what kind of engine.

Couple of misconceptions here.

The pistons used in the craigslist ad are the 6-pack replacement pistons, and when used with a 90cc head, .015 deck height, .039 gasket thickness and .030" overbore you will get about 9.3:1 compression. Smaller combustion chambers and less deck height could get you over 10:1 compression.

Then, many passenger car 1973 440 engines came with forged steel crankshafts. The damper change and weight removal may not be necessary. Best to make sure which crankshaft you have in your Imperial.

My 2 cents worth

thD6D86698.jpg

thD6D86698.jpg

8.2 compression means it doesn't have too much power. But it will run on US 91 (german/Israel 95).

IF (big IF) there needs to be machine work done on block or heads to get them done correct again it might increase the compression.

When we rebuilt an engine overhere we usually go for 10,0:1 but it takes serious measuring building it while living can be easy if you choose 8.2.

It is up to you and how you want to use your Imperial.
8.2 would be stock and make it a cruiser as it was in the past.

But like mentioned earlier:
Disassemble the engine and go from there

Carsten

8.2 compression means it doesn't have too much power. But it will run on US 91 (german/Israel 95).

IF (big IF) there needs to be machine work done on block or heads to get them done correct again it might increase the compression.

When we rebuilt an engine overhere we usually go for 10,0:1 but it takes serious measuring building it while living can be easy if you choose 8.2.

It is up to you and how you want to use your Imperial.
8.2 would be stock and make it a cruiser as it was in the past.

But like mentioned earlier:
Disassemble the engine and go from there

Carsten

Thank you so much, Carsten.

My intentions are to have the car restored to stock condition, i save the build up for the Furys... :)

And the fun begins...

Hemi

11933394_10206948363201572_2541845144484220603_n.jpg

12003021_10206948362681559_2722598371204077567_n.jpg

12032983_10206948362321550_478791869871443974_n.jpg

12032224_10206948363521580_8637387162935599263_n.jpg

Now you're talking!

Back