Anyone seen a bug guard like this on a formal NY'er?

Heres a bug guard I saw once.........

bug guard (Large).jpg

It looks okay.
I haven't ever seen one on a C-body before, but I have seen aluminum, truck & van style running boards on an M-body!
At first glance I thought they were side pipes :laughing9: until I got closer and got a better look.

The dog... I understand (to a point).... but the toilet paper cozy??? WTF????

Rest area handy essentials. Anybody who's regularly on the road carries a couple.
Crochet covers? Yah. Over the top stupid.

Last edited:
In Germany it used to be strictly toilet paper. Not too many toilets along the Autobahn and country roads in the old days, but lots of woods and nature. :)

In Germany it used to be strictly toilet paper. Not too many toilets along the Autobahn and country roads in the old days, but lots of woods and nature. :)

LOL! I know exactly what you mean. When I was there in 1970's through the early 1990's the rest stops on the Autobahn are similar to the ones on our Turnpikes......except no restaurants or bathrooms. The grassy area at the rest stop was just covered with human sh*t. Has that changed any???

Rest area handy essentials. Anybody who's regularly on the road carries a couple.
Crochet covers? Yah. Over the top stupid.

Geez... I do about 40-50K yearly looking at the world through a windshield and I don't carry toilet paper. Is my area more civilized or my ..... ummm... personal needs less demanding?

Note clever Del Reeves song line in above sentence.

LOL! I know exactly what you mean. When I was there in 1970's through the early 1990's the rest stops on the Autobahn are similar to the ones on our Turnpikes......except no restaurants or bathrooms. The grassy area at the rest stop was just covered with human sh*t. Has that changed any???

Now we have the toilets, but they're usually full of sht you voluntaraly go back in the woods, at least the ones that are unguarded just for parking and picnic without any shops around. Also popular ad boards for the gay scene.

Last edited:
I have a roll in my truck under the back set for emergency operations.

1950er-Autobahn-bei-Friedberg.jpg

I'd use both my hands, Bob to have these traffic conditions back. :laughing4:

1950er-Autobahn-bei-Friedberg.jpg

I can imagine the congestion these days on the Autobahns. I read articles from time to time where the unlimited speed limits are being taken away a little at a time here and there.

Hmm the paper towel I have in my truck is about as good as the toilet paper in public washrooms and government buildings................you guys know the stuff.............you need half the roll to keep from poking through.

Nick

Back