Bastardized 1959 "Coronet" build

I like how the rear glass line follows the roof, but it doesn’t ‘flow’ right into the rear deck/fenders to me. Maybe it needs to stretch in the center of the glass further into the Dutchman panel.

However, from your comment that you don’t want another 11 year project, I can see the justification to leave it.

Chuck Barris would do something besides leaving it alone…

I think the car deserves something different. I just don’t know what right now.

I like how the rear glass line follows the roof, but it doesn’t ‘flow’ right into the rear deck/fenders to me. Maybe it needs to stretch in the center of the glass further into the Dutchman panel.

However, from your comment that you don’t want another 11 year project, I can see the justification to leave it.

Chuck Barris would do something besides leaving it alone…

I think the car deserves something different. I just don’t know what right now.
He most assuredly would.. Prolly use the 59 windshield and cut the roof off another car.

I'll try to expose some more blue tape "glass" today...

Ok, 2 inch chop instead of 4. More "glass". A huge improvement IMHO. Still a little goofy with the targa top removed, but I can live with that... Sorry Chuck...

Roof_Chop_2Inch1.jpg
Roof_Chop_2Inch2.jpg
Roof_Chop_2Inch3.jpg
Roof_Chop_2Inch9.jpg
Roof_Chop_2Inch8.jpg
Roof_Chop_2Inch7.jpg
Roof_Chop_2Inch6.jpg
Roof_Chop_2Inch5.jpg
Roof_Chop_2Inch4.jpg

What do you plan on doing for rear glass? And do you have the '59 glass? I'm sure you're aware many top chops use the original glass, lowered into a recess. Might be a good exercise to gently place into position if you have it.

Gently, LOL... I do not have the 59 rear glass, uh well, I did have it until I knocked it off the roof and found out exactly how many Ziplocks a 1959 Coronet rear glass fits into. None of the typical rear glass chop methods will work here. Not only is it chopped 2 inches, but the B and C pillars are also leaned in. I think my only option is Lexan but I am going to chat with my glass guy this week...

Back