Brake light stop switch location- Please Help.

Captainfury

Reaction score
My 72 Fury is undergoing a minor restoration so I can drive her on the road again which will be so so exciting. I took the bumper bar off, cleaned everything up, did a new paint job, reworked lights, fixed bulb holders etc etc.
Al that’s left is to put the brake light stop switch back in. Many have commented on the difficulty of this and I see what they mean. The FSM has some useful pictures but doesn’t actually show precise holes to use. I know it goes between the two outer steel plates, but bolting into a hole and having the adjustment lug fit into a groove is where I’m stuck. I have included photos, and if anybody is familiar with this I would be forever grateful for knowledge about which holes are appropriate.
I’m using the original NOS Chrysler switch as I can see that it originally went up agains the bracket from the mild corrosion present. That allows the speed control to be used when I overhaul the speed control unit down the track. Any feedback is so very much appreciated.
IMG_2232.jpeg
IMG_2231.jpeg
IMG_2230.jpeg

IMG_2090.jpeg

It goes in these two slots. The bolt goes in the top one and the tab goes in the other. I can try to get a picture of it install.

IMG_0976.jpeg

Back