C-Body Holy Grail Restoration Starts Here; 1970 6BBL GT

Not much in this world better than a really good Fury restoration, but a 6-pac has to lead the pack! I will be watching with great interest!

Not much in this world better than a really good Fury restoration, but a 6-pac has to lead the pack! I will be watching with great interest!

Agreed ... We are definitely lucky to have so many high quality restos happening plus your resto page ... Still going through that one myself.

Agreed ... We are definitely lucky to have so many high quality restos happening plus your resto page ... Still going through that one myself.

Ha! mine took a long time and traveled in a lot of circles before completion. I was very, very fortunate to discover Paul when I did, otherwise I'm afraid my wife would have forced me to get rid of it. Now its safe, her Scotch heart could never justify dumping it and losing all that money!:)

Ha! mine took a long time and traveled in a lot of circles before completion. I was very, very fortunate to discover Paul when I did, otherwise I'm afraid my wife would have forced me to get rid of it. Now its safe, her Scotch heart could never justify dumping it and losing all that money!:)

After reading your story I think if I look up perseverance I'll see a pic of you guys and that car

You come up with a future game plan yet yourself, Bryan?

I'm thinking and dreaming ... But still have same priorities of clearing stuff and a property or two before I can get involved with a car. Made a lot of progress but a long way to go

Trev, update with this beauty mate?

Hey Aidan/the group,.et.al.,

I've been busy with other projects and customer cars of the last 6 weeks.

The Black Car is doing well,...I've just been slowly taking apart trim, moldings, etc, and taking hundreds of photos of fasteners, seam sealer, body welds, etc.

The body should be ready for dipping in June. I'm just gathering all the parts the car needs, many NOS and very good original parts. I just scored an NOS front bumper and lots of other good stuff......expensive,...but it's a labor of love.

Here are some photos of where the rubber meets the road........NOS H70 RWL tires and new set of wheels to be restored,....you could call it a horde!
goodyear polyglas 1.jpg
Goodyear Polyglas.jpg
road wheels 1.jpg
Road wheels.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Aidan/the group,.et.al.,

I've been busy with other projects and customer cars of the last 6 weeks.

The Black Car is doing well,...I've just been slowly taking apart trim, moldings, etc, and taking hundreds of photos of fasteners, seam sealer, body welds, etc.

The body should be ready for dipping in June. I'm just gathering all the parts the car needs, many NOS and very good original parts. I just scored an NOS front bumper and lots of other good stuff......expensive,...but it's a labor of love.

Here are some photos of where the rubber meets the road........NOS H70 RWL tires and new set of wheels to be restored,....you could call it a hord! View attachment 77557 View attachment 77558 View attachment 77559 View attachment 77560
Love those tires, mmm. I do have a question that I am sure for some of us, would be good technical information. I am assuming those rims are period correct and as such, could we get a pic of the date stampings, etc on a rim? Also, could you take a pic of the bare rim without the accessories on it for proper paint line positioning and lastly a measurement of the width of these factory wheels. Lol, that was a mouthful, there is no rush if you can manage it, cheers!

sonnovabitch....

One could say that,...........but then again remember ONE tire is $400 x 5. They are not cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion the car HAS to have them, it has to be correct.....so I cashed in my tiny 401K to do all of this,........seriously.

Love those tires, mmm. I do have a question that I am sure for some of us, would be good technical information. I am assuming those rims are period correct and as such, could we get a pic of the date stampings, etc on a rim? Also, could you take a pic of the bare rim without the accessories on it for proper paint line positioning and lastly a measurement of the width of these factory wheels. Lol, that was a mouthful, there is no rush if you can manage it, cheers!
Sure,....when I get to restoring the wheels I post photos of the dates, etc..JJ 15x6

Last edited:
This is an original unused spare out of a '70 300 vert. Never had a trim ring or center cap. Maybe a road wheel spare was something you ordered?

55321-11e2280f47c24b4cc4acc29a6e6b38f7.jpg

This is an original unused spare out of a '70 300 vert. Never had a trim ring or center cap. Maybe a road wheel spare was something you ordered?

55321-11e2280f47c24b4cc4acc29a6e6b38f7.jpg
Interesting...

This is the original spare from my road wheel optioned 70 300 vert.

Interesting...

This is the original spare from my road wheel optioned 70 300 vert.

"Billyfury" would be a good resource to ask. He has an original unrestored GT.

I think Dick Chrysler is quoted as saying the spare was a 15x6 steel wheel with a Polyglas H70 RWL, but it likely depended on the plant and stock on hand.

"Billyfury" would be a good resource to ask. He has an original unrestored GT.

I think Dick Chrysler is quoted as saying the spare was a 15x6 steel wheel with a Polyglas H70 RWL, but it likely depended on the plant and stock on hand.

The original tire on mine could also have been re-mounted onto a road wheel shortly after purchase and never used.

Back