Carb linkage

potshot

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm hoping this will save me some time. I'm not sure what these parts are called, but I could also use a source. The small disc "holder" for this link rod and the spring that are pointed out in this image.

Any help is definitely appreciated

Thanks!

(Not my pic)

iMarkup_20230902_121451.jpg

The spring keeps the "kickdown rod" pulled forward against the carburetor throttle stud. The "flat disc" is a flat washer that helps keep the rod from interfacing with the retainer clip, for smooth operation (and a long life). Which part(s) are you mising?

Thanks guys, I took an actual look and found what I need locally. I should have done that to start lol, these fine cars aren't rocket surgery.

The throttle cable hair pin is one I would love to buy in bulk. The straight/wavy pin.
This pic is from a quick search of Mopar throttle cable hair pin.
1693678902868.png

True value had the actual clip for .65 (they had both styles too), and I found fine washer. O'Reilly had a good selection of springs so I have no excuses today.
The throttle cable hair pin is one I would love to buy in bulk. The straight/wavy pin.
This pic is from a quick search of Mopar throttle cable hair pin.
View attachment 614424

O'Reilly had a good selection of springs so I have no excuses today.
The "correct" springs (throttle and trans linkage) for nearly any possible combination of year, engine size, carb type, auto or manual, etc are readily available from the many Mopar reproduction vendors. Correct size, correct tension, correct color, correct bends at each end....all there and inexpensive, too.

Scroll about 3/4ths down: Engine and Drivetrain Related - Vans Auto

Back