IMG_2819.jpeg

IMG_2818.jpeg
IMG_2815.jpeg
IMG_2797.jpeg
IMG_2788.jpeg
IMG_2785.jpeg
IMG_2778.jpeg

live4theking,
I have been here since Tuesday morning 4 : 30 A.M…..

I have been here Tuesday , Wednesday ,and today , Thursday…..

I am in the same spot all 31 years, H 106 - H 108 …. Right next to the big bathroom and shower house….. If you look at the giant CARLISLE sign over the food court , I am 4 rows out from the center of that sign… 1st row A & B , 2nd row C & D , 3rd row
E & F , 4th row G & H —- that’s me….

Friday, I will be open from 7 : 00 A.M. / 7 : 30 A.M. until 6 : 00 P.M. ……
Yours, Craig…..

Got in super late because of the master cylinder issue. She does great on the open road but she’s a little sputtery when idling.

IMG_1408.jpeg

Last edited:
John / live4theking and family was just here —- first customer of the day , picking up Front and Rear *** N.O.S. *** Asbestos *** Brake Shoes for his “ C “ Body will be safe and sound for his family’s cruising !!!!

Bonus, for today —- the earlier projected 91 - 94 degrees for today is now 81 - 84 !!! Whooo Hoooo !!!!

Still FREE ice cold waters for all if you need them ……
Craig…..

Lots of Chryslers on the show field today.

View attachment 671191
More pictures, more pictures! Thank you for posting those for people like me that could not attend ayilar, I appreciate it. I hear that Charles’ green 1970 SFGT made its debut this year?! My stepdad says he met with his friend Rob (or 1968Chryslers) today and the car was there…. (@67valiant 100.) I would love to see a picture of it on the showfield with all the rest of the C’s. My stepdad told me that he noticed your green trunk has a big dent in it and has a little rust too, he says that he has a 1970 Fury trunk lid if your interested in it, just come get it at our house. By the way he told me to tell it to you, it sounds like he wants to give it to you for free. Its actually the original yellow one that came off our S/23. He says if he sees you again tomorrow he will mention it to you. I’m glad you got the car runnin and made it to the show this year with it, congratulations. It must feel good and rewarding.

Hey Gentlemen & Others,
I just stepped out of the shower —- and it feels glorious !!! Back to humankind, as much as I can be !!!

I can’t get over to the showfield, but my friends who did said it is packed —- they figured definitely over 3000 cars… I think our record , set last year was 3226 cars , so tomorrow we’ll see if we break the record again….

In the swap meet area, the aisles were full , but moveable…
The buying was tremendous —- 10 of the 12 vendors I spoke to said “ very good “ “ tremendous “ or 1 said “ I’ve sold practically everything that I brought !!! “
One said today was so so , but yesterday , was great…..
And the other said “ fair “ so far….

( As we all know , it depends on what you have and the price…. )

I had my # 1 day of any day at any show ever !!! It beat every HERSHEY day , every Spring or Fall Carlisle Day , and last years’
Friday at Chryslers @ Carlisle , which became my new # 1 , only to be topped by this year’s Friday !!!!

For all those who are unaware —- this show ( despite what Carlisle says … ) is N O T
Set Up on Thursday , Show is Friday , Saturday, and Sunday…..

Vendors need to set up Wednesday ( or Tuesday and Wednesday for me…. ) because the show I S :
Thursday , Friday , and Saturday…

Sunday is the parade of cars of the show car winners —- with their friends and families in the grandstand , final good byes to our distant friends , and a few stragglers through the swap meet area…
I can’t see it, but I would presume there are some people in the car corral area attempting to make a bid on a car that didn’t sell , while it is being loaded up….

So , plan ahead for 2025 , but in the meantime, we still have a Very Beautiful Saturday of 2024 to enjoy !!!

I want to extend a special Thank You to Bill “ TNT440 “ of Canada, Eh !!! , and live4theking and his family who both kept buying more and more all day , and all the others new and old, who made my day the # 1 day in Swap Meet history….

See ya’ all here “ in a few hours “ …… Craig….

Morning has broken…. To quote an old Cat Stevens song….

Gonna be 92 and little breeze today …. Hydrate….

For those of us who can’t get over to the car show field, I add with others, More Pictures , Please …..
Let’s “ C “ them “ C “ s —- the most Majestic “C”ars on Earth !!!

Enjoy today , Craig…

This one is for @sixpkrt — behold this beautiful U-code NYer

PS: CM23U0C263193 originally had V7R stripes but AFAICT the repaint did not include them.

IMG_3430.jpeg

IMG_3429.jpeg

IMG_3428.jpeg

IMG_3432.jpeg

IMG_3431.jpeg

Last edited:
A beautiful HB1 NYB joined Buttercup and Ming from Massachusetts today. Looks great and the interior is tear free.

@Lycidias

PS: the owner is @dots73

IMG_3438.jpeg

IMG_3439.jpeg

IMG_3440.jpeg

IMG_3377.jpeg

IMG_3410.jpeg

Last edited:
@david hill brought his 300 Hurst, which has been attracting experts and gawkers alike, pretty much like honey brings the bees.

IMG_3416.jpeg

CE27L0C172597 is a 1970 Newport convertible of which I previously was unaware. Here she is for records, sitting next to a 1971 Polara sedan that is a Carlisle regular. The rear bumper has been replaced by a 300 bumper and the engine bay sports some mods too.

IMG_3422.jpeg

IMG_3423.jpeg

IMG_3427.jpeg

IMG_3426.jpeg

IMG_3425.jpeg

IMG_3424.jpeg

We left about 3:30 and got home at 8:30, so we made decent time. The Chrysler did the trip almost flawlessly, with the cold AC doing it's job. I am exhausted though...

I got to meet a few members I hadn't met before and that was pretty cool. Met @Omni , @billyfury , @JJ300 , @shooter65 and probably some others.... EDIT: met @Boydsdodge also. Even passed @march when I turned onto my street when I got home LOL.

The last time I was at Carlisle was 2021 and we had a little incident of someone deciding to go off an exit from the far left lane (3 lane hi-way) and this time when we passed the same spot, I chuckled about @LocuMob mentioning in as an RV drifted a little into my lane at the same place. It was no big deal... just gave me a laugh. Then a couple miles up the road, two clowns were doing some of the worst road rage I've ever seen. The dash cam caught some, but the worst was just out of range, although you can see the tire smoke as one guy got it sideways and put it on the shoulder. I really expected to find them crashed around the corner.

The speed limit just came up to 65 and when this happened, I was just coming up to cruising speed... I backed off a little to stay out of the mess.

Starts at about 15 seconds in.

Last edited:
Back