CATL 2024: C-bodies At The Lake on Saturday, Sept. 7, 2024 ("hub-and-spoke" to the Studebaker Museum in South Bend, IN)

Lodging: a quick look shows that lodging around South Bend to be between 2-600 (!?)
Have no idea why other than it is a Holiday (Labor Day) weekend. Have not checked anywhere else.
Notre Dame is playing in town that weekend, which is (I think) why in my OP I recommended to book soon. The same is true of the rainy day.

I would have preferred weekend 2, rather than 1 or 3, of September for this reason — but I can’t due to work travel.

Before setting the date, I did a quick check and there were (hopefully still are) hotels outside of town with better prices.

Good Afternoon
Just got off the phone with the Hampton Inn & Suites in Michigan City (approx 33 miles from South Bend.
They have approx a dozen room available for 7-8 Sept.
Rates are a little south of $200 (depending on taste). I'm sure that taxes are NOT included.
Hope this helps.
I have already reserved.
Phone # to the Hotel (not some booking outfit) is 216-814-4164

Omni

Good Afternoon
Just got off the phone with the Hampton Inn & Suites in Michigan City (approx 33 miles from South Bend.
They have approx a dozen room available for 7-8 Sept.
Rates are a little south of $200 (depending on taste). I'm sure that taxes are NOT included.
Hope this helps.
I have already reserved.
Phone # to the Hotel (not some booking outfit) is 216-814-4164

Omni
Thank you for the info! FWIW, as part of the Hilton chain of hotels, the Hampton Inn offers a (small) AAA discount.

It's a home football weekend at Notre Dame, so lodging in South Bend will be at a premium

@DocGonzo -- might you be interested in joining the 2024 CATL and bring your gorgeous 1969 T&C from Columbus through Fort Wayne? @Omni

Back