Front shocks

Germany's still too crowded for my taste even with speed limitless parts on the Autobahn. It's not that dangerous if you keep the senses together, chose the spots wisely and don't drive around in a piece of crap. I'm more afraid to fly personally.

Driving in Germany and Austria on the highway is an absolute pleasure. Everyone is so disiplined and stays right unless passing. Driving at 160 kph on the autobahn is far safer than driving at 110 kph on Ontario highways. In the small European towns however its a different story. No grid pattern, narrow streets and unregulated intersections...scary :surprised-005:

I got my NYB up to 110 a couple of times and still had plenty of pedal left. I have 2:71 gears.
I think I probably got the same gear ratio. Got the Newport up to 115mph twice last year...felt like there was still some more "ummph" left in her.

IMG_0913 (2) (800x533).jpg

Actually Fred it was only about 135 when I stopped in the Polara. I had the Challenger to 137 with the sunroof and windows open. I glanced at my wife who loves speed more than I do and realized if I roll this thing, my kids are orphans, I quickly let loose of the pedal. I NEVER ever though of that before that day.

IMG_0913 (2) (800x533).jpg

At those speeds I`m surprised theres still so many of you guys around to talk about it.

Germany's still too crowded for my taste even with speed limitless parts on the Autobahn. It's not that dangerous if you keep the senses together, chose the spots wisely and don't drive around in a piece of crap. I'm more afraid to fly personally.

I think I probably got the same gear ratio. Got the Newport up to 115mph twice last year...felt like there was still some more "ummph" left in her.

There's a spot on I-95 that is straight and flat for about 3 miles that I'm very familiar with and I only make speed runs between 5 am - 6 am when there is never any State Trooper's out and very sparse traffic at that time of the morning on weekends. I'll drive down the entire route to my quick turn around exit and hammer it on the way back. The NYB still has plenty of pedal left with the 2:71's.

Zero to sixty real quick on the street & I save the rest for the track. I'm too scared of the penalty for getting caught.

I'm sure the judge wouldn't be too kind to me since I have a Class A CDL license.

I got pulled over running a zero to sixty last week. Thank god I got a good launch & didn't spin my tires. I was first car at a red light in a straight, wide open 55 zone. He pulled me over but he knew he had me for nothing since I didn't spin. He tried to say I spun but we both knew I didn't so he let me go.

Here it's either disorderly conduct with a motor vehicle or excessive show of force 180 bucks and 3 points. I've been stop for going 96 in a 55 in my 77 New Yorker that was a nice ticket. My favorite was being pulled over by 3 squads just to talk to me no ticket. I used to go drag racing with a few policemen in town and they drove fast to and from the track.

I can remember back in thr early 70's when I got busted for street racing...the charges were..Stopping on an interstate, Drag racing, wreckless driving and spinning my tires for a quarter mile.....I said BS, the car hooks up a lot better than that! Beside paying the fine which was huge I had to take my drivers test over again.....

Back