Getting Ready for Carlisle

This isn't a car show, it's an event, an affair, a party. It's bigger than a car show.
84 acres of all Mopar cars and parts can not be simply classified as a car show.
Besides, they have sausage peppers and onion sandwiches, you gotta go just for that

I have to have at least one "Big Smokie" dog while i'm there. The last Carlisle i attended had the Mod Tops featured. I'm ready this year. Got my hotel res. and fri. afternoon off to make the run across the turnpike. Exercise the new Hemi a little.
I always find myself hanging around the C bodies. The canted fin 60 Chryslers and Desotos are my favs.

I have to have at least one "Big Smokie" dog while i'm there. The last Carlisle i attended had the Mod Tops featured. I'm ready this year. Got my hotel res. and fri. afternoon off to make the run across the turnpike. Exercise the new Hemi a little.
I always find myself hanging around the C bodies. The canted fin 60 Chryslers and Desotos are my favs.
The last Carlisle i went to had the Mod tops also. That was 2012. Long overdue.

Well...La Chrysler is all set to go. Oil change,new idler arm,new plugs,coolant flush,new temp sensor,brakes bled and adjusted. Even got the radio working!
Been driving it to make sure everything is good and work any bugs out..
Should anything break,hoping it does it in town and fixed before the trip.

1966 300 revival 026.JPG

Ya know........ You can rent your own porta potty for $75.00 for the event. Couple of folks pitch in, or $1.00 each for 75 people. I used to rent one when I camped on my vendor site. Now I have a potty in the old camper, (For Ellie, of course).
The conession's under the grand stands offer a great breakfast for a fair price. And the chicken/corn soup is excellent.

I never knew that... which explains why there are single johns spread out throughout the event with locks on them.

Well maybe closer towards the outskirts of town....

Na, each group of portables has a attendant and stay clean, plus that's a long hike back from the 2 corners of the swap meet.

Na, each group of portables has a attendant and stay clean.

Rent one and it will stay clean with the restricted use. Need a key keeper though.
Depending on the temps, It could start getting pretty ripe by late Saturday or Sunday.
With a call they may come and clean it. I never had to do that due to the low usage.
A call to vendor services will answer the questions.

I picked up a couple of items for my '66: A torque convertor access panel (mine was missing entirely) and a phenolic isolator / spacer to put between the carb and the intake manifold (I'm hoping it will improve the hard starting when the engine is hot). Looks like my power steering pump is leaking, and I'm hoping its a loose hose or something else that is minor. Also, I ordered a complete exhaust system for the car, and I'm hoping it will arrive in time to get installed prior to the trip to Carlisle.

Finally got into it with my new-to-me '66 300. Pulled the carburetor, so I could install a phenolic spacer purchased via E-Pay, and sure enough, the spacer appears to be for a Holley bolt pattern. Anybody got an idea where I can get a spacer for a Carter bolt pattern? Seems like most of the spacers out there are for Holleys.

Also noticed the PO didn't hook up the choke lever on the carb correctly, so the choke wasn't functioning at all. The teeny tiny little clip that retains the link to the choke lever was laying on the intake manifold below the carb. I think that half the time when the car is running, the choke is partially closed.

I also wrestled the power steering pump off the car and determined that the big o-ring gasket between the pump body and the reservoir was the cause of my power steering fluid leak. Replaced the o-ring seal and another little seal on the reservoir mounting bolt, put it all back together and re-installed the pump. No more leaky. . .

Finally, I took a shot at spraying all the nuts and bolts in the exhaust system with PG Blaster, in anticipation of the arrival of the new exhaust system.

Felt good about these small Father's Day accomplishments. . .

I received my vendor passes a couple days ago. New spaces this year. Row P135/136/137. This is where Connie, (our vintage camper), will be located.
No show car pass yet. I'm pretty sure I registered the Admiral. I may need to call and verify.

[QUOTE="Ripinator,

I also wrestled the power steering pump off the car and determined that the big o-ring gasket between the pump body and the reservoir was the cause of my power steering fluid leak. Replaced the o-ring seal and another little seal on the reservoir mounting bolt, put it all back together and re-installed the pump. No more leaky. . .

Finally, I took a shot at spraying all the nuts and bolts in the exhaust system with PG Blaster, in anticipation of the arrival of the new exhaust system.QUOTE]

Cool Rip. Looking forward to seeing your car and meeting you.
I have a serious leak in the Admirals P/S pump. Might be the O ring you mentioned, thanks.
Good luck if you intend to unscrew all the exhaust system nuts & bolts. You'll need torches also. The pipes get crimped together with the clamps. Best to just cut it apart unless you intend to reuse it?

Haven't received my show car pass either. It should be coming soon.

[QUOTE="Ripinator,

Finally, I took a shot at spraying all the nuts and bolts in the exhaust system with PG Blaster, in anticipation of the arrival of the new exhaust system.QUOTE]

Cool Rip. Looking forward to seeing your car and meeting you.
I have a serious leak in the Admirals P/S pump. Might be the O ring you mentioned, thanks.
Good luck if you intend to unscrew all the exhaust system nuts & bolts. You'll need torches also. The pipes get crimped together with the clamps. Best to just cut it apart unless you intend to reuse it?

Wil: It will be good to meet you again too. Yer right about the exhaust system. It may require a sawzall to remove, but I thought since I was already under the car, I'd give the fasteners a shot with the blaster. But in the end, I may just have the exhaust installed professionally. . .

Regarding the p/s pump: Someone on the 300 Club list discussed the P/S leaking problem. Apparently, the big o-ring seal gets old and causes the leak right at the bottom of the reservoir where it meets the body of the pump. The leak manifests itself by dripping down onto the lower radiator hose and then on to the floor of your garage mahal. The poster said that the pump itself is a very robust unit and doesn't ever have a problem, unless it runs low on earl.

Back