Getting Ready for Carlisle

Wil: It will be good to meet you again too. Yer right about the exhaust system. It may require a sawzall to remove, but I thought since I was already under the car, I'd give the fasteners a shot with the blaster. But in the end, I may just have the exhaust installed professionally. . .

Regarding the p/s pump: Someone on the 300 Club list discussed the P/S leaking problem. Apparently, the big o-ring seal gets old and causes the leak right at the bottom of the reservoir where it meets the body of the pump. The leak manifests itself by dripping down onto the lower radiator hose and then on to the floor of your garage mahal. The poster said that the pump itself is a very robust unit and doesn't ever have a problem, unless it runs low on earl.

I had my exhaust done by a friend. Best money I spent. When it's on a lift, they can get it to hang right with no rattles the first time.

I've experienced the same leak years ago and I'm glad you jogged my memory. The 300 has a slow leak that I need to address and I'll bet that's it.

I had my exhaust done by a friend. Best money I spent. When it's on a lift, they can get it to hang right with no rattles the first time.

I've experienced the same leak years ago and I'm glad you jogged my memory. The 300 has a slow leak that I need to address and I'll bet that's it.

Big John: I got a Gates kit from RockAuto. It includes everything to totally re-seal the pump and reservoir. I think it was around $12.00. Like me, you probably won't need to get into the pump itself. . .

Looking forward to put the faces to the screen names to members I have known for years.
Y'all know who you are!! LOL!
Last minute decision to upgrade the lighting system on the 300...H4 low beams,H1 high beams,and full LED exterior lamps.
Rene is taking a vintage 70's tent for our campsite.

Anybody else working on their C's for the big shheeww??
ed-sullivan-tall.jpg
I just finished my A/C conversion for the drive out there, and I have to put in a couple of pieces of transmission line, but other than that, things are just about in place.

Changing the left front flex hose.Started pulling hard right when braking.
Tried to bleed the l/f but the hose was no good -no fluid was coming out when bleeder was wide open and Rene had two feet on the pedal..
Glad I got it now before hitting the Interstates

My family and I will be there, I'll be looking for all of you guys cars and hope to meet you guys as well

Never a good idea to only change one hose. Like shocks, they should be replaced in pairs. A good idea to replace the rear diff hose while your at it also.
I totally agree. To share some history on the repairs done to the car,I don't understand why this hose was not replaced 2008 with everything else before I started working on it. It has new shoes,wheel cylinders,hardware kits and new hoses r/f and rear diff.

I just want you all to know I have added each of you to my personal "You Suck" list as I am damned envious of you being able to attend this once in a lifetime event. I wish you all well and look forward to all the great posts afterwards and YOU SUCK!

So.... I've been sick all week with a bad sinus infection.... and I haven't been doing much. I decided yesterday I needed to start my "pre-flight" inspection for Carlisle. First thing I happened to do under the hood was grab the fan blade and crap.... The water pump bearings are bad.

Gave a call to my buddy at NAPA... No dice, but can have one for me next week, maybe Wednesday. Crap... Ordered it anyway, figuring at worst, it will go in the trunk. I start looking online and find that Auto Zone in the bad part of Syracuse has one. No one else.... So I buy it online. Drive down there... no water pump (of course) but the good news is that the place across town has it.

Geez... Like pulling teeth, but there's a new pump sitting here and a spare on the way.

what Graham said.....ps...dont bother comein back without pics for those of us housebound and working..no exceptions

It's my first time ever... I am pretty sure I will do it all wrong and have a blast anyhow.

Back