Guilty Pleasures

Straight from the can, like a whipped cream-aholic, into my mouth like when I was a kid.

Tho I think I am too old now to tolerate that much high octane lactose AND sugar rush with the nitrous oxide chaser .. messes with me for a day or two after (nausea).

00-1-2-5-3.jpg

Churrasco Grills. Introduced to concept in Sao Paolo Brazil 20 years ago. Only been about 10 times (once every two years) since here in US in various places .. that's all I can tolerate but oh so good.

00-1-2-5-3.jpg

Im with ya Doc. :) Love that stuff, even the spirited ones relax and fascinate me..

Some of you other classical music lovers might get a kick outta these. 2 vids, 3 minutes each.

Classical music you've heard but don't know names/composers. 20 pieces here (how does this guy know all these by heart?)

I forgot to add the fun of cooking on the weekends with classical music in the background!!!!Wifey working...she really appreciates a break.
cooking.jpg

Black Velvet Art .. so '70's (for me at least) AND makes art "snobs" puke. What's not to like? :)

View attachment 149163
I grew up with those great posters...I have one stashed away. But, what goes along with this wonderfully nostalgic theme is something I inherited from my grandparents and originally sat on their console TV back in the 60-70's. I still warm it up from time to time and sits out in the open. Wife doesn't mind it, ironically.
lavaone.jpg
lava.jpg

Looks like my man cave...I'll have to get a pic today....has there been a mancave thread? There must have been...

oh yeah, quite a few man cave threads. most with cars, some with dens (I think), etc. sprinkled throughout FCBO. some posts are in threads with nothing to do with man caves at all.

all that is NOT to discourage you .. post whatever ya want :)

oh yeah, quite a few man cave threads. most with cars, some with dens (I think), etc. sprinkled throughout FCBO. some posts are in threads with nothing to do with man caves at all.

all that is NOT to discourage you .. post whatever ya want :)
I have a similar mancave setup in unfinished basement...old electronics, fridge, vinyl, random junk,
mancavestuff.jpg
mancave2.jpg
etc...

I forgot to add the fun of cooking on the weekends with classical music in the background!!!!Wifey working...she really appreciates a break.View attachment 149203
I like to bake pies sometimes, blueberry, and apple are my specialty. Just got a tip about substituting vodka in for the water to make crust more flakey

Regrettably, I cant cook worth a darn. couldnt even be shamed into learning.

quick story.

early 1980's my first visit to a family gathering of my new fiance's family. I was asked to tend grille. ribs, chicken, brats, etc. not two minutes later, the charcoal ignited into a roaring flame under the meat.

I think this is good. it'll cook faster, and I'll be a new family hero. future mom-in-law runs outta the house, muttering obscenities, and throws water on everything to douse the flames, which were quite impressive by then.

then she stands there looking at me like I have three heads. the menfolk were like "what kinda dumb-*** $&@*# can't manage a grill." even the elders (70+ yr olds) were shakin' their heads at the new family idiot.

they made me eat in the car. not really, but ya get my point yes? :)

I dont drink at all (nothing against it, just never got into it) but I do like this. Sipping and binge watching on New Year's eve until its gone by Memorial Day. :)

00-1-2-5-3.jpg

Yes, and on DVD :)

00-1-2-5-2.jpg

For those unfamiliar/too young, think American Idol without the shame and humiliation. Yes, and on DVD as well.

00-1-2-5-1.jpg

Back