Guilty Pleasures

Hostess Cupcakes.Chocolate.jpg

And sometimes for breakfast (if I can find them, yummy chemicals!)

Hostess Cupcakes.Orange.jpg

And of course...

On.Any.Sunday.Movie.Poster.02.jpg

Plus old 'B Movie' Biker flicks (1966)

The.Wild.Angels.Movie.Poster.006.jpg

This one is here. but just saw this movie again after couple years. Last 15 minutes --- with each passing year its impact grows more "real". The Notebook (2004).

V.png

ALways liked it -- after being dragged to it by my then freshman-sophomore college daughters and the lady I was hangin' out with back then --- "kickin' and bitchin'" the whole time -- when it first came out.

Naw, i got no issues like these characters did .. just the "wisdom and realization" that comes with age.

Make all the days count .. even the bad ones but especially the good ones. If you have seen the movie, hope you see that if not already :)

Had a young lady (a stranger, early 30's maybe) follow me into a store yesterday, i pulled door open to let her go first, she stopped and gave me a mild "stink eye", didnt say anything but wouldnt move. No confrontation .. I just nodded to her and went in first. She did say "thank you" tho

My millenial daughters told me many men and women in that age group now think opening doors for women is DIS-respectful to women.

Anyway .. world's changin', and that's cool by me, but on this one I guess that makes me a dinosaur. Feeling a tad guilty yes, but I ain't stoppin. :)

View attachment 150858 View attachment 150859
I am a self-confessed "fuddy-duddy", if that is still a "thing". I open or hold doors for anybody, when I feel like it. There is too little kindness in this world, and if I can spread a little, I will. I generally enjoy the "old school" way. I do not "change" just because everyone else is changing. Use your own good sense, don't be afraid to be different!

Have learned to appreciate kraut heated up in past couple of years though, especially on pork chops.
Don't just heat it up, cook it. Start with bacon, and get some fat going. Then add the sauerkraut and bratwurst (and, to make it really good if you have access to those, add some spiringue pork chops, smoked dry sausage, and some cloves).

If you like it, you can buy me a beer at the Illinois River Run. If you don't, I'll buy you one :)

Don't just heat it up, cook it. Start with bacon, and get some fat going. Then add the sauerkraut and bratwurst (and, to make it really good if you have access to those, add some spiringue pork chops, smoked dry sausage, and some cloves).

If you like it, you can buy me a beer at the Illinois River Run. If you don't, I'll buy you one :)

I’ll try to give it a try if you explain a little more about bolded or a pic lol. What kind of pork chops is that and do you cook all that together?

When I said heated up I meant cooked in the pan with the brats or pork chops as opposed to cold out of the can, the way I used to only eat it, which I also still like. I can eat it cold plain too.

We only cook with lard or tallow now, also butter no margarine. Am on close to a carnivore diet, losing weight again after losing ground a couple a years ago.

Don’t do things like brats often but once in a while. Mostly eat once a day and am good.

:thankyou:

I "hate" (yes ... "detest", "despise", get nauseated, etc) by the thought of "reality TV". NOTHING against people who do (my dear Mom was addicted to the "Real Whoevers of Whatever") -- so I am talking about THAT kind.

Are documentaries "reality' TV? Maybe --- but not like the "Bachelorette", "Naked and Afraid" and stuff like that is .. IMHO

Anyway, I catch THIS show when I can.

1659551434613.png

ASIDE: In case you're not familiar, this show is about companies/crews that operate HD-class wreckers in Canada in/around King's Highway 401 (and major arteries connected to it).

The 401 is a main drag (between Detroit & Montreal) for people and goods and a big rig crash (solo or as part of a bunch of other vehicles) can block the WHOLE thing for a long time ..cleaning up such a mess quickly and safely is necessary.

Many times the weather is atrocious as well .. adds another factor to getting the road open as fast as possible. Other accident locations are featured often as well,

1659552342488.png

1659551768525.png
1659552126222.png

1659552173520.png

Every now and then, they create faux drama with "pregnant pauses" and "cliffhanger" dialogue .. but there's no denying the action is real.

I do sometimes marvel at what these cats get into when the call comes ... and have been the beneficiary personally (as a bystander caught in traffic and someplace I needed to be two hours ago) of their efforts on that very 401 (402, QEW, etc.,).

They are really good at their work, coming up with surprisingly creative solutions when it seems like "no way" is the answer. These folks find a way -- while not also becoming casualties themselves.

Again, the accidents are real, the actions/cleanup/issues are real too ... their isnt "blood/guts" but sometimes it is obvious somebody probably died in the incident.

So, If THIS is "reality TV" ..then my guilty pleasure is I do watch this show AND like it.

Highway through Hell is another good one.

Same concept as 401, but in Hope BC. Mountains, snow and all kinds of crazy ****.

Looking through some of these old posts really makes me want German food. Unfortunately the nearest German restaurant to our new compound is in Pensacola! Good thing I know my way around a kitchen.

As for my guilty pleasure, I catch myself watching nasty rug cleaning videos on YouTube sometimes. It's part of my industry but I always worked with the scary stuff that will potentially kill you in 20 years.

1662484830753.png

Rarely these days. even less as I age, never in crowded places or in any kind of "competition", and only in "straight lines" (i.e., no driftin', no donuts) --- "we" (me nor this car) don't have anything to prove anymore ...

disclaimer notwithstanding, man is this STILL fun or what?! :D

Let me borrow The Whale for a weekend. I don't think I have anything to prove but I just want to make sure. Haha!
Only if you promise to drive it like your grandma would. :)

I will never tire of old-school IC-generated, sound, smoke and fury. Not supposed to be doing it usually, but sh*t its fun.

Guess you can light 'em up in Teslas/Mach E's -- just wont be the same though . Smoke and squeal -- yeah, ok. Jedi TIE-fighter caterwaulin'? Nah I pass.

THree minutes long, but you'll get the gist in one minute.

Only if you promise to drive it like your grandma would. :)

I will never tire of old-school IC-generated, sound, smoke and fury. Not supposed to be doing it usually, but sh*t its fun.

Guess you can light 'em up in Teslas/Mach E's -- just wont be the same though . Smoke and squeal -- yeah, ok. Jedi TIE-fighter caterwaulin'? Nah I pass.

THree minutes long, but you'll get the gist in one minute.

Deal. I should mention that I identify Shirley Muldowney as my grandmother.

Back