Guilty Pleasures

I to am old school, driving late 70's it was cherrybombs and thrush or the quieter hush thrush or nothing at all till the first ticket! I think im more partial to the glasspack on the road runner. Very nice car by the way! Nice road to!

ahh... :poke:

Screenshot_20240523-135252.png
il_570xN.2063535448_2toz.jpg

Seen it a hundred times (barely an exageration). Keeps getting better .. the grayer I get since the few strays I had back then -- coming up on 40 years since this came out back in 1984 :poke:

'Da-dah.. dah da-da-dah!"
1722522591129.png

Last edited:
Your affinity with The Natural reminds me of the game where Kirk Gibson came out and knocked the ball out of the park to win the game for the Dodgers, propelling them to victory in the World Series. I believe it was 1988. I was at what is now my ex-in-law’s house in LA at that moment, not far from Dodger Stadium and we could hear the screaming when that happened…

Your affinity with The Natural reminds me of the game where Kirk Gibson came out and knocked the ball out of the park to win the game for the Dodgers, propelling them to victory in the World Series. I believe it was 1988. I was at what is now my ex-in-law’s house in LA at that moment, not far from Dodger Stadium and we could hear the screaming when that happened…
I am a Detroiter, specifically Univ, of Michigan Ann Arbor undergrad.

Kirk played for Tigers a while, but before that he was a football and baseball star at Michigan State (our sports nemesis, ninety minutes up the road). He was couple years ahead of me but we were basically contemporaries.

I didnt (dont) know him.

I posted this before but cant find now. I personally saw four of the longest MLB home runs (three at the old Tiger Stadium - roof shots by Cecil Fielder, Reggie Jackson, and one [not one of his many OVER the roof shots] by Kirk Gibson) anybody ever hit ..two were by Kirk Gibson.

One at Tiger Stadium, and one when he was undergrad at MSU playing at Michigan's ballfield.

The Tiger Stadium one he hit nearly left the ballpark IN centerfield. It hit a chain link fence atop the outside wall of the centerfield bleachers .. four feet higher it would have been on I-75.

Dead center was 440. The red line/red X was Gibson, the green Reggie, the black line was Fielder.

1722529422122.png

Screenshot 2023-09-17 123249.png

1722529762081.png

The Michigan one went over the rightfielder's head, who stood there like he was watching an airplane flying overhead.. darn thing looked like a one-wood on the golf course, and by the time it stopped rolling (it landed on an asphalt surface) had to have been ~800 ft away.

Mighty, superhuman rips...

Ol' Kirk was strong and fast. Not MLB HOF stats .. but a couple HOF moments. That Dodger walk-off tater you referred to .. hell he hit with what looked like one arm (definitely one-legged). Now, just a reminder that I too am an old man.

36 years ago, seems like yesterday.

Last edited:
As I was pulling for the As all I can say is... where's the vomit icon???

Seen it a hundred times (barely an exageration). Keeps getting better .. the grayer I get since the few strays I had back then -- coming up on 40 years since this came out back in 1984 :poke:

'Da-dah.. dah da-da-dah!"
View attachment 675355

Was watching this in Carson City with some of the kids that were in my Youth Group of the Church I was serving. One of them, who had read the book said, "He strikes out and dies in the book."

Can't get that out of my head if I watch it today.

Smilin' & whinin'

GAMrB1nWEAAgMub.jpeg

i get one a year now that i'm old. i'm smilin':)

now whinin', 1/2 size i remember as a kid, costs SIX times as much (nearly $7.00)
:wtf:

Last edited:
As a person who can't stand to have a banana with "strings" still attached, I really dislike ordering one. If I do, I examine it first to see if their are any strings on it. They MUST be removed!!

Seasonal repeat.

As far back as my first teeth .. still have my second set for a while longer and still enjoying :) Had to give up the "candy" ones several years back .. too sweet and too tough on the choppers.

Both my grandkiddies with their first teeth can enjoy "slices" with grandpa -- at the party, not in the treat or treat bag like it still was when my kids were young.

1725980624224.png

Seasonal repeat.

As far back as my first teeth .. still have my second set for a while longer and still enjoying :) Had to give up the "candy" ones several years back .. too sweet and too tough on the choppers.

Both my grandkiddies with their first teeth can enjoy "slices" with grandpa -- at the party, not in the treat or treat bag like it still was when my kids were young.

View attachment 681351
I loved the outside of them, but never liked biting into the seeds! Yuck!

I like these with my morning tea (not a coffee drinker) or even as a late night snack.

1726016320251.png

Back