Has the RV2 compressor an oil pump?

Hi. Does anyone have information about availability of this seal separately in green (R134a compatible) type? For example Four Seasons part number #?

Have You used round profile o-ring instead of square profile succesfully in oil pump flange? This is alternative method if only "standard" o-rings can be obtained.
I have never seen that oil pump cover seal in "green", but I wonder if it's necessary. Is it available, somewhere? Probably. Nearly ALL o-rings and other such things are in "industry standard" sizes. No manufacturer wants to make a unique seal, bearing, fasteners or other such hardware, and thus design their machinery to use standard parts. I'm certain that the oil pump seal is an industry standard size, so it's possible that the seal IS available in green. Somewhere.

Many, many R12 systems have been converted to 134 over the decades and I have NEVER seen this discussed, nor have I heard of this particular seal leaking.

But that's just my tribal knowledge about this. Hopefully a real expert ( @Davea Lux ) can comment.

Hi. Does anyone have information about availability of this seal separately in green (R134a compatible) type? For example Four Seasons part number #?

Have You used round profile o-ring instead of square profile succesfully in oil pump flange? This is alternative method if only "standard" o-rings can be obtained.
You would want to stay with the o-ring seal as the square ones are prone to leaking. As noted, the green o-rings are an off the shelf item, the green color designates them as a high density unit suitable for low density vapor sealing. I would think that they should be readily available at any o-ring supplier. I would take the current black o-ring with me to source a proper replacement.

Dave

Thanks for the answers. Good to know that round profile have been used with success.
I interpret mixed information about the original seal - @Trace 300 Hurst states, that original design seldom leaks but @Davea Lux states that this square profile is failure prone. I assume the average is somewhere in between.
Since old seals are certainly rock hard and non usable after opening the cover, I'll find some green ones as a substitute and call it good.

Last edited:
Back