Headers. Why?

I bought my car with no driveline. I don't have any manifolds and will most likely run headers. Just don't know which ones yet.

I will say again, I am stodgy, but I will give on the use of headers if I used TTI's. That hemi Idled 30 minutes in the summer, and I was able to get under the car and adjust the Floor console linkage on the left side of the trans without getting burned up. Five minutes later, the header was touchable. I still hate the trouble I went to while bolting them up, clearances sucked.

It's odd that companies like TTI sell long-tube headers for C-bodies, but don't sell the version that might be a better fit: Shorty headers. They would flow better than logs, be easier to fit, and with a ceramic coating might be a good alternative to HP manifolds.

I would be more likely to install headers if they were "shorty" headers that basically would bolt in place of the iron manifolds.

Speaking of headers lol. It seems to me like I would see nice gains with headers. Im building a 413, with a 284/484 mopar perf cam. 906 heads,weind intake,650 carb. And yes i still like the way thay look!!! .

Please for the love of money dont buy "shorties" Utterly pointless as proven in a number of published articles

The above schumachers really arnt the best either the 1&2 pipes are significantly longer than the rest, a succesful set of tri y's should tie 1&5, 3&7, 2&4, 6&8 together as pairs to optimize it (without crossing sides) vs the firing order - in fact, joining the middle cyls dosent work well with any common firing order

The TTI's list as for 400- 650hp, ummm really??? thats a hell of a numbers spread, header primaries for 650 hp should roughly be 1/4" bigger than for 400 hp

So custom is really the way to fly - shouldn't cost more than TTI's and would actually work with YOUR Hp rating....

Sigh, sucks to be a C owner some days....

There's no way to justify this thread now up to 14 pages.

How come no manufacturer ever put on headers on any car ever?
Even in the super car wars?

Mustangs have come from the factory with headers for probably 20 years, and if you think Ferrari's and the rest come with exhaust manifolds you need new glasses and these are all breathing through cats and there is still a benefit. I had a set on my 76 Cordoba years ago it would get 20mpg on the highway.

I think it is great that this thread is up to 14 pages and dragging people in that you don't hear from for months. Of course it would only 12 without you and Brian:yes_no::poke:

Back