Headers. Why?

Factory SRT8 cars come/came with headers. Just take off the heat shields and it's clear as day. BTW, the LX series cars are within a hundred or two hundred pounds of the C bodies.

IMG_3648.jpg

Last edited:
There's no way to justify this thread now up to 14 pages.

How come no manufacturer ever put on headers on any car ever?
Even in the super car wars?

Ferrari doesnt count. It's a huge penis.
Mustang?? Hmm. must investigate. Thanks.

Huh? How do you get from "no manufacturer ever" to saying the very first example doesn't count? Especially when in the very next sentence you specifically talk about "the super car wars" of which the example is the prime competitor?

If there is anyone on this site who shifts the goalposts more than you, I can't find him. Look at the title of this thread: Headers-Why? But then when people respond with high performance, you shift the goalposts to making a case for headers on the street.

Mustang:
http://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/ArticlePages/Mopar_Action_Oct_2001.html

I think the headers on my car compliment how that 440 was built, I just wish they fit like the company said they did. They don't.
Everybody I know that uses Hookers say the same thing. Ding it here, Ding it there with a sledge hammer, etc. I said funny! I have to pull the engine to get the headers out, to get a clear shot at where they hit the body. It reminds me of the time Dad said to change the plugs on a particular 1960 Thunderbird . He said first, unhook the motor mounts, jack the engine up, become a contortionist, and be prepared to bleed a lot. (circa 1966) ( and we all drove Mopars then too!)

Huh? How do you get from "no manufacturer ever" to saying the very first example doesn't count? Especially when in the very next sentence you specifically talk about "the super car wars" of which the example is the prime competitor?

If there is anyone on this site who shifts the goalposts more than you, I can't find him. Look at the title of this thread: Headers-Why? But then when people respond with high performance, you shift the goalposts to making a case for headers on the street.

Mustang:
http://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/ArticlePages/Mopar_Action_Oct_2001.html

:laughing4:

The topic was about headers on C-bodies. I don't give a crap where it goes. That is the FCBO norm and I am all for it. Don't give me any bullshit if I go where I want. I don't stop you.
Hey, how about them Patriots?

Why? Are people complaining? As far as I know there's only one maybe two people that ever go to the mods/admin about issues with interactions here. Me personally, I can handle anything that happens on a forum. So my comments make you testy, I'm well accustomed to it. And if a mod/admin ever contacts you about anything directed at me, it wouldn't be because I contacted anyone about it. Feel free to ask tallhair.

Sure, more than a few. A quick search, this one is from a Countach (Jet Hot coated but stock otherwise). Now thinking up a domestic car co, that did this years ago, is pretty hard.

2009_0807AA.jpg

Man, you didn't even try here, did you?

Civic (they're made in Ohio, right?) Factory tubular exhaust next to an aftermarket.
htup-1205-03+2007-civic-si-sedan+old-vs-new.jpg

Another view of the SRT8 exhaust on a Jeep Grand Cherokee:
1002tr_06+2008_jeep_grand_cherokee_srt_8_upgrade+oem_manifold_vs_kooks_header.jpg

Pontiac Ram Air (it's cast iron, but the look pretty header-like):
Ram air photo's file #1 003.JPG

Hyundai Veloster (yes, it's Korean. But it's a freaking Hyundai. I mean, even Hyundais have headers these days)
factory veloster header.jpg

More Ford Mustang Headers:
cimgmustang7637.jpg

And my personal favorite, Ford cast headers for an R-Code 427 Galaxie:
I3010029 FE 427.JPG

No manufacturer, ever. Indeed.

The question really should be, why aren't we all running headers?

htup-1205-03+2007-civic-si-sedan+old-vs-new.jpg

1002tr_06+2008_jeep_grand_cherokee_srt_8_upgrade+oem_manifold_vs_kooks_header.jpg

Ram air photo's file #1 003.JPG

factory veloster header.jpg

cimgmustang7637.jpg

I3010029 FE 427.JPG

Back