Hey guys!

monaco75

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hey guys. Ive been lurking the board for a while now. Got tired of not being able to see the pics posted in threads! lol I believe Ive seen/read from some of you over at cbodydrydock.

Ive got a couple old c bodies.
1973 newport 2dr hardtop, with sunroof.
IMG_0290-1.jpg

I know some on here frown upon it, but this one's my baby.
1975 monaco "bluesmobile"
2011_HRPT_6-10_066.jpg

Hope you guys like. Hopefully Ill have a car thread going for them soon.
-zac

Welcome aboard. Nice cars! We need to see more pictures of that sunroof.

Thanks! Ill see what I can do for pics of the sunroof.

Ive recently relocated from MI to FL months ago. Currently the newport is up north with my folks, so I dont have access to it, but can see if they can send pics of it.

Hey commando1.

Im in orange park/jacksonville. The northeast corner of the state. I see your in sebring FL? What part of the state is that in? Im still learning where everythings at geographically down here.

Cant say for sure if im here permanently or not yet. There does not seem to be much $$ here lol.... But I do enjoy it. It is a bit hard being a car nut, I came from the motor city where there was a car show/event going on every day to go enjoy, where as here ive only been to 2 in the last 7 months Ive been here. Just a matter of getting in with the car crowd here I guess. Im in ford country here it seems, so I stick out like a sore thumb. Thats alright though! haha

Welcome aboard. I really like both of your rides. There's nothing wrong with a Blues Mobile. I look at them as the General Lee of C bodies.

Thank you guys!

I have the most fun with the bluesmobile. The newports built up and what not, but I can jump in the bluesmobile and drive cross country without a thought of a problem, wich Ive done a few times. I also love it when I take it to a show and this rust bucket 4 door brings as many looks as the high $$ completly restored rides lol

Ive always had a soft spot for it, everyone always used to say "man just derby that P.O.S." yada yada yada, and still sometimes do. But its such a great car, and has done nothing but served me well.

The newports fun as well. Its got a built 400, and is special in its own right. It was a pace car for the horse races at batavia downs in NY. Ill get to it all in the cars thread.

Im glad you guys like em though, thanks! They are still works in progress.

Ive got a couple old vids of them, some may have seen over at the drydock.

Welcome to the site from your old home state! Where in MI did you move from?

Hey commando1.

Im in orange park/jacksonville. The northeast corner of the state. I see your in sebring FL? What part of the state is that in?
Just Google 33872.
Where I am is not the end of the world. That's the next town over.
You'll see we are very far apart. Down here we call that part of the state too cold.
I hope you didn't come to FL to look for a job. :Groaner:

Let me know if you need any parts for your '73 as I will be parting mine out this week. It is a '73 Newport Custom 4drht, white with black interior.

commando1 - hell this is hot for me! lol I know what you mean though.. My buddy has a friend that comes up from maples (I believe?) He's always complaining about how cold it is. He will be in a jacket when its 75/80 out.

I always wanted to move down south.. not really this far south, but I have a friend down here that always offered a place to stay. I did a few apps. online for jobs, got offered one, and took it. Same as what I was doing before, little less pay. What kills it though is the hours. I was full time up north, where as here they dont wanna dish out any more then 32 hours! Trying to make the best of it.. I miss my $$ though, cant buy as many toys for the cars.

Thank you has2bmopar!! the car does need the fuel sending unit My gas gauge quit working a little while after I got the car. Power goes through the wires alright, and moves the gauge, but no signal from the sending unit. Also need complete sets of seat belts.

Let me know.. Im in no hurry, gotta get some $$ up.

Thanks again guys!

Back