I HAD to post this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
61 DODGE POLARA TWO DOOR HARDTOP Air Conditioning

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1961...=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_1815wt_1164

Item Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Time left: 4d 11h (May 28, 201318:00:00 PDT)

Here is your chance to own one super cool looking car, or rocket ship. This rare 1961 Dodge Polara two-door hard top is in fine shape for a unrestored original. The car still sports the original paint and the outer body is near perfect with NO Bondo or filler found. All the chrome trim and stainless is on the car and in nice shape. All the fabulous curved glass is in wonderful condition and the four windows roll up and down nicely and fit tight. The doors open and close tightly also.
The car is mostly complete. The heads have been removed off the original 361 V8 as the past owner thought part of one of the spark plugs had fallen into one of the cylinders. It had not. But the old man never put it back together. The car came with factory Power Steering and Dealer installed Air Conditioning. All is still there in the trunk.
The transmission is the old "Push Button" type and the entire original drive train is intact. The parking brake works but service brakes do not. The exact original New Old Stock fabric has been located for the seats and I have samples. The car has some rust issues, but not much! There are two holes in the drivers side floor pan near the gas pedal and the trunk pan should be replaced. There's one new on eBay now for under $250.
I hold the original Texas title dated 1962. It has been registered to one owner since 1962. Wow! This car needs restoration but is not a overwhelming project.
Please feel free to write or call me Houston Wills 210-548-1310 between 9am-7pm CST. Thanks!

2vlw5z9.jpg

Last edited:
My Dad had one of those in Beige, I didn't like it then and still don't.

Nice looking Polara! That would be a very cool project.

Kool car! Not many of these left and that one would be a great project!

I LOVE these cars!

That one looks most excellent and would look twice as good with some large magnums or fake spinner knockoff hub caps. Those particular hubcaps are not doing it for me at all.

Last edited:
On the black car for sale, choosing wheels would be the least of its problems.

Now Stan you know I replied specifically to the blue you just posted but I'd run the black steels with some vintage slightly rusty chrome lugnuts on the black one until it got painted, if it got painted. Looks badass just as it is IMHO

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by commando1
I LOVE these cars!

That one looks most excellent and would look twice as good with some large magnums or fake spinner knockoff hub caps. Those particular hubcaps are not doing it for me at all.

Last edited:
Now Stan you know I replied specifically to the blue you just posted but I'd run the black steels with some vintage slightly rusty chrome lugnuts on the black one until it got painted, if it got painted. Looks badass just as it is IMHO

That red interior, dash and steering wheel are super cool

Check out that cool dash and steering wheel.jpg

Check out that cool dash and steering wheel.jpg

MAN.... I just love the early 60's Virgil Exner designed Mopars...... Closest i've ever come to a car that "talks" to me.

I still perfer the 61 Plymouth over the Dodge though.

hubcaps installed (Medium).JPG

61 fury steering wheel (Medium).JPG

Had second thoughts about driving as is, Will ?

I have to say in all black it is rather "badass". LOL
The color choice on this model would be cruizial for me to fall for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back