I went from road to this

Put a camera on the turtle so we can see what's happening on the undercarriage. He knows what going on and but isn't talking. LOL!

A turtle that will walk up to you looking for a head rub....

This thread is more interesting about the turtle aspects than the Fury is.

Some of those turtles live over 100 years......

galapagos3.jpg

he walked up to me covered in trans fluid. My mother was pissed ...If the turtle was a mechanic he'd be the only one I would trust to work on my Fury. He wasn't very happy with the bath though. [/QUOTE]

This is good stuff......... Ya just can't make this up.

I can understand the turtle not being happy with a bath..... I bet the trans fluid made it a lot easier for him to get around.......

Pictures of the Turtle please....
I don't want to see a picture...... It would spoil the image I have in my head.

The turtle..... wearing a dew rag..... cigerette hangind from his mouth and a flannel pocket full of wrenches and screw drivers duct taped to his shell.

bth_crazy-turtle-cartoon-comic.gif

a great thread. Lots of cinema going on in my head.

If you are not allowed to park the Fury in the parking lot o box how about parking it on the grass :))))))))

a great thread. Lots of cinema going on in my head.

If you are not allowed to park the Fury in the parking lot o box how about parking it on the grass :))))))))

Good idea, Carsten. I'd also add a five gallon reservoir for tranny fluid. Or, I suppose you could fix the leak......

Good idea, Carsten. I'd also add a five gallon reservoir for tranny fluid. Or, I suppose you could fix the leak......

20 years ago my neighbours complained about the oil leaks, too. They pleased me back then to park on the grass so the oil can't be seen :)))
Good old days :)))

he was happy just covered with trans fluid. The day after I parked the car there he got nosey and wanted to check it out. My mother has had the turtle for 19 years so he acts kind of like a dog he knows who we are and will walk up to us waiting for food or a head rub when I opened the gate he walked up to me covered in trans fluid. My mother was pissed ...If the turtle was a mechanic he'd be the only one I would trust to work on my Fury. He wasn't very happy with the bath though. Dawn dish detergent is the best.. He's clean as a whistle and hasn't pushed through the bricks yet but when he does Im sure Ill get a call

I hope you stick around Joe. Looking forward to updates and i'd like to see a picture of the turtle. What kind of turtle is it?

20 years ago my neighbours complained about the oil leaks, too. They pleased me back then to park on the grass so the oil can't be seen :)))
Good old days :)))

I was stationed in Wertheim, Germany in the early 80's in a 8" Howitzer Battalion. Those Howitzer's had a 35 gallon hydraulic system that was quite complex and always leaked cherry juice (hydraulic fluid) from the vibration, concussion, etc., from daily operation. The Motor Pool was cobble stone and had storm sewers everywhere. Well, of course with 24 Howitzers leaking and when it rained it pushed a lot through the storm sewers. The Germans engineer from the city works would come up and start bitching up a storm about all the cherry juice in the storm sewers. The German were environmentally on top of stuff many years before the rest of the world.

m-110a2-dvic498.jpg

m-110a2-dvic498.jpg

Last edited:
I was stationed in Wertheim, Germany in the early 80's in a 8" Howitzer Battalion. Those Howitzer's had a 35 gallon hydraulic system that was quite complex and always leaked cherry juice (hydraulic fluid) from the vibration, concussion, etc., from daily operation. The Motor Pool was cobble stone and had storm sewers everywhere. Well, of course with 24 Howitzers leaking and when it rained it pushed a lot through the storm sewers. The Germans engineer from the city works would come up and start bitching up a storm about all the cherry juice in the storm sewers. The German were environmentally on top of stuff many years before the rest of the world.

View attachment 11946
Thats a big *** gun.

Back