Need a Radiator for my 73 New Yorker

They pressure tested it and it was leaking and popping more holes apparently. I’m going to have them picked up and keep both. I’ll send them to my house here in CA and see if I have any luck. For the moment though I need something to put in for now.

Either one can be re-cored.
Call local radiator shops.

Murray would never sell you a complete unusable part.

Murray would never sell you a complete unusable part.

I am aware though he didn’t warranty the part. Like I said I’m going to ship it back to California and see if anyone here can repair it. I’m not upset if anything I have another core. That perhaps a better shop can fix. I’m ordering more from him so that’s not the issue.

I do need a solution for now however.

I found this JEGS one same size exactly.

JEGS 511501: Reproduction Aluminum Radiator for Select 1973 Mopar B & E Bodies With Big Block - JEGS

Murray would never sell you a complete unusable part

You.made a point. Mine has the hoses on the same side too.
Problem is my inlet and outlet are both on the passenger side

IMG_20240831_095847255.jpg

I couldn't figure it out. Like I wrote somebody already installed it in the US prior to shipping it to Europe.

Any idea what year of Explorer? I have a 69 Imperial and the aluminum 26" radiator won't fit right.
I could give you a part number, because I've had one sitting in the corner of my garage for 10 years waiting for the New Yorker to spring a leak. But I didn't know the Imperial rads were that different. I think there's a thread here somewhere from years ago where I got the idea to start with...

Back