Picked up a new daily driver...

Nice, I saw that one on Craigslist.

Thanks! Yea, a nice middle aged couple owned it. Bought it in late '89 from a local dealer. The dealer claimed it was a little old lady car. The guy thought it had to be true, being the driver side carpeting was all tore too hell from high heels (hence the white carpet) lol

I love your Cordoba, here is mine, driven regularly. 400 with Police package Texas car. 37,000 actual miles

001.jpg

I know this is a B body... But I know there is A LOT of knowledge on here. Can anyone help me decode the fender tag? I've got a couple things, but cant find a lot on it. Not much info out there for post '74s...

I decoded the vin

S- Chrysler Cordoba
S- Special price class
22- 2 door special coupe
N- 400 4bbl B engine
7- 1977
R-Windsor Ontario Canada

Heres the tag-

What I have so far

V3W- White convertible top
U- Build to USA specifications
28- 28 Radiator
C57- 60/40 seats with reclining passenger seat
C97- Trunk dress up package
H51- A/C
M25- Wide sill molding
N88- Automatic speed control
N94- catalytic convertor
P31- power windows
S62- Tilt steering column

Okay, let's see..

G55 Left O/S Mir-remote-painted-racing
G67 Right-O/S Mir-remote-painted-racing
G77 Dual Sport mirror pkge-both remote painted

E64- 400 cid 4bbl non high performance.
D36 A727B automatic transmission

That's what I can come up with.

Built Dec 21 or at least scheduled so maybe some cake is in order in couple of weeks, any excuse for cake is a good one!
PF7 -green exterior
EWP6 green Int. With white?
000 no upper door paint

Got a few things replaced.. Tie rod ends, headlight switch, ignition switch, bunch of bulbs, leaf spring shackle bushings, valve cover gaskets, with new grommets, breather, and pcv valve.

The passenger side valve cover was really bad! Was leaking right onto the exhaust. Every stop light I would hit the gas to go, and have a nice cloud behind me lol. Im surprised it held any oil at all. There was NO gasket in there. Just same badly applied silicone.. The brakes work good, but have a very low peddle.. So need to go over them. Still chasing a suspension noise out back..

Finally got a few pics. She a little dirty, and am still in the process of correcting things..

I'm a little kid again! Seems like forever since I've had a real mopar to drive!

Got a few things replaced.. Tie rod ends, headlight switch, ignition switch, bunch of bulbs, leaf spring shackle bushings, valve cover gaskets, with new grommets, breather, and pcv valve.

The passenger side valve cover was really bad! Was leaking right onto the exhaust. Every stop light I would hit the gas to go, and have a nice cloud behind me lol. Im surprised it held any oil at all. There was NO gasket in there. Just same badly applied silicone.. The brakes work good, but have a very low peddle.. So need to go over them. Still chasing a suspension noise out back..

Finally got a few pics. She a little dirty, and am still in the process of correcting things..

I'm a little kid again! Seems like forever since I've had a real mopar to drive!

I'm wondering about the engine...shouldn't it be blue?

It is/was.. Pevious owner installed an eddy performer intake, and carb. Must have painted the valve covers at the same time. Under all the baked on oil, there is blue lol

It is/was.. Pevious owner installed an eddy performer intake, and carb. Must have painted the valve covers at the same time. Under all the baked on oil, there is blue lol

Good.....thought maybe someone swapped in a 383.

How does it run with the edelbrock? I've about had it with the Thermoquad on mine.

She runs good. Can't say I'm all the impressed with it though... Sometime it seems like all 4 brls don't want to open. Other times she runs like a raped ape. I havn't touched it yet. Not even sure what model/cfm it is lol. Deff need to adjust the idle. Its pretty high. I can sit in the car without touching anything, and it will slowly climb to 30mph on its own..

She runs good. Can't say I'm all the impressed with it though... Sometime it seems like all 4 brls don't want to open. Other times she runs like a raped ape. I havn't touched it yet. Not even sure what model/cfm it is lol. Deff need to adjust the idle. Its pretty high. I can sit in the car without touching anything, and it will slowly climb to 30mph on its own..

It's probably a 1406.....600 cfm.

You have to check to see if the carb is opening all the way while at WOT. You might might have to drill an additional hole in the linkage rod to get WOT.

For gawdsakes Zac. Use a fender cover and I promise you that one day you will learn the hard way not to balance tools on the edge of the fender lip.

:D

Posted via Topify on Android

Can't say I would mind that all too much if they did. Especially if it was a high compression 383

Heck....you can put in stock 1971 pistons in that 400 and it'll raise the compression to almost 10:1 and still run on pump gas. A little cam and rear gear and you'll be smoking 440's.

I was gonna say where's all the late 70's era smog equipment? I guess the po ditched it all when converted to the e/brock setup? I noticed one of the codes is for a cat converter. I can't really tell from the pics but is that ditched also?...you have duals under there now? Although I'm an ardent fuselage pilot I love your 'Doba. I've always thought they made for cool rides but the only thing that scares me away is all the smog junk that was slapped on the motors at the time. Obviously I guess you can deep six it all and still get the motor to run correctly or even better. Either way NICE catch....I bet you can't wait for Carlisle now,lol.

I was gonna say where's all the late 70's era smog equipment? I guess the po ditched it all when converted to the e/brock setup? I noticed one of the codes is for a cat converter. I can't really tell from the pics but is that ditched also?...you have duals under there now? Although I'm an ardent fuselage pilot I love your 'Doba. I've always thought they made for cool rides but the only thing that scares me away is all the smog junk that was slapped on the motors at the time. Obviously I guess you can deep six it all and still get the motor to run correctly or even better. Either way NICE catch....I bet you can't wait for Carlisle now,lol.
Believe it or not but here in Ontario Ministry of Environment officers sit out side car shows with cops. They pull over vehicles and check for those type of modifications. Apparently have nothing better to do ....

Believe it or not but here in Ontario Ministry of Environment officers sit out side car shows with cops. They pull over vehicles and check for those type of modifications. Apparently have nothing better to do ....

Here in Maryland.....historic tags means no inspections, no emission testing, and any mods are good to go.

DAMN. That is REALLY F'd up. Do you think the cops would take on the spot cash donations? Dudley do rights probably would not I bet. I know people I went to H/S with who were total "stoners" (smoked LOTS of dope, cut class, just flat out loosers). Since they could not get into college after H/S they are now walking around with gun and a badge. Yup, the irony.

Back