Picked up a new daily driver...

I really need to get back to work on the blumo... lol But I'm all outa metal at the moment. Been getting a few things done on the new ride. Got the nasty trans swapped out. Need to get a new O ring for the speedo gear, as it has a little seep to it.

The "new" 727 went right in. Was originally from a truck. A lot of the bolts were diff sizes, but after a few trips to the hardware all was good. Torque convertor looked good, so back in it went.

Old trans

NO MORE LEAKS!!! Can still see the stain from the old trans however..

Been polishing the chrome the last few days. I also added some vintage super bee stickers I had. These are original, not repops. I've had em for atleast 10 years or so. Figured this is the car for em wth.

Please excuse the stain in the driveway!! Ha.

Anyone recommend any kit/product/info for window scratches? The side windows have some hazy scratches in em I want to get out. I've tried polishing em a little with no luck.... I've seen a few kits online, but haven't ordered anything yet.

Can I join the front end club now?? Well I'm not done yet but... lol

Stan has been guiding me some through PMs. Got almost all of the passenger side out. The driver side ball joints seem to be original, and don't want to budge from the spindle! Still working at it though. New ball joints installed on the passenger control arms, as well as a new pitman arm. Need to get the LCA's, and T bars out so I can service them. Surprisinly everything has been coming apart real easy! So nice compared to the stubborn rust I'm used too.

I thought shock selection was bad for formals! Other then pricey bilstiens, theres nothing else out there for these. So stuck with the old Monroes.

You would have lost most of the parts in the snow if you were doing that in my driveway right now. Frickin snow.

Do the Bilsteins. ...

I probably will in the future.. However right now the big $$ needs to be spent on the other car, to get her done. We are looking to move in the next year or 2, and really need the car back together, and mobile to do so.

You would have lost most of the parts in the snow if you were doing that in my driveway right now. Frickin snow.

I hear ya! Its been beautifull here the past few days. Low 80's and sunny. Supposed to rain and cool down a lot through this eavning though.

Supposed to go to 50,and sunny on sun, breaking out the shorts and sun block, wtf am I still doing here.

Supposed to go to 50,and sunny on sun, breaking out the shorts and sun block, wtf am I still doing here.

Come on down my man! The spare room is full of parts, but can make room easily lol

Well, class, and what did we learn today?

Heres some better ones from today. Would ya'll believe the T bars came right out without any fit!?!?! Holy crap! I about s#it my pants!! I loosened the LCA nut, pushed back on the arm, and they popped right out. Gotta find a shop to press out the old bushings, and get the new ones in. Now on the cleaning, and painting.

Nice car and those wheels really suit it happy driving

Thanks blubber! I love the way they look as well. But they are sooo damn skinny!! The car needs more meat in the wheel wells.

I am about to start (when the snow finally melts up here) on my '76 Cordoba what you are doing. I need to re-learn to weld! reference the shocks, I saw some "premium" KYB's at rockauto. Have you seen those? Looking good!

I am about to start (when the snow finally melts up here) on my '76 Cordoba what you are doing. I need to re-learn to weld! reference the shocks, I saw some "premium" KYB's at rockauto. Have you seen those? Looking good!

Welcome aboard 71Newp! Have any pics of your Cordoba?

I would venture to guess they are the same normal KYB's listed everywhere else. I did some research on the B body forums, and it seems like you can make the KYB KG4507 Gas adjust shocks work. You need to add washers to the bottom bolt, as the shock sleeve isn't long enough. However a lot of the guys over there do not like these shocks it seems. Kinda funny as they are pretty popular in the C body world. Also they say any late 60's early 70's GM A body shock will work. Not sure how true this is. One more that sounded like it would work was an edelbrock shock. Can't remmeber what the part # was, but after looking into them, it looks like they are discontinued now.

Honeslty I would do just as Dave (polara71) suggests, and go for the bilsteins. You won't find a better shock.

I went with the Monroes only because of price at the moment. Also they were in stock at summit racing where I ordered alot of the other front end parts. They brought the price up over $100, which allowed me free shipping on the order.

Picked the control arms up yesterday. Got her all buttoned up.

Took her up to one of the local tire places for an alignment. What a joke! Guy spent 20 mins on the car, came back out front and tells me all is good. Only the toe was out.
Really? You do realise I jest went through the whole front end, right?
Yea, it looks great! Your good to go!

Unbealiveable. Spent $100 to have a guy play with my tie rods for 20mins. She's still pulling to the right. I'm gonna rotate the tires in hopes that they are wore funny from the saggy front end before. If she still pulls, their gonna have a happy camper back there in the next day or so.

Even better, when the guy was writing me up before the car went in, he told me he would waive the specialty alignment fees.. I say huh?? He went on to tell me being the car is so old, the usually charge more yada yada yada. But being a good guy that he is he would take care of it. Ahahaha jesus h!

I'll give em the benefit of the doubt. I'll do the tires first. I know it won't change nothing, so I'll be back with the slugger then.

His mechanic (I refuse to call this garbage out there now "techs") has never done anything but McPhersons since getting out of trade school 4 months ago.

Last edited:
Back