Pro-Street 66 Fury is going through a few changes.

Well Fellas, this will probably be the last post on the Fury for a while, I have done as many upgrades as I can without spending a lot of $$$. I will be saving my money for future changes like A/C, or modern wheel and tire combo, I am not sure yet. I will drive it for the next few months, make it to as many weekend cruise-ins as I Can. The Car shows close to me are about done now that it hits 89* and up in the middle of the day, the few shows that are done are unbearable to sit through. I am considering taking the car to Carlisle, or the Nats. Here are a couple pics from the Good Guys show in Kissimmee over the weekend. I did not see one other 65-75 C-body mopar only a couple 56-59's were there.

WP_001737.jpgWP_001739.jpgWP_001743.jpgWP_001749.jpgWP_001751.jpgWP_001767.jpgWP_001772.jpg

WP_001737.jpg

WP_001739.jpg

WP_001743.jpg

WP_001749.jpg

WP_001751.jpg

WP_001767.jpg

WP_001772.jpg

Henry if you decide to sell the wheels and tires, I would be interested. Car looks great!

I've been lusting after your car for years. I have every picture of it I've ever found saved to my computer and it has been my screen saver more than once. Looks fantastic and sounds even better. I heard thru another forum that it was for sale and was curious what was going to become of it. I think it is great you're keeping it and look forward to seeing more progress and improvements.

Here are a couple pics from the Good Guys show in Kissimmee over the weekend. I did not see one other 65-75 C-body mopar only a couple 56-59's were there.

I didn't make it out to the Good Guys show even though it's in my backyard but wish I had made the time. Mine is nowhere near show quality nor will it ever be so I can't say that you'll ever have another slab side C body at a show with you but it's nice to know there is such a good looking Fury out there representing for us.

That is funny stuff right there. Thank you all for the kind thoughts, and I appreciate how you guys appreciate my car. it makes all the hard work worth while knowing that others understand what it take to get a C-body done.

Henry, how did you manage to get a Fiberglass hood for the car? Also, you had to cut the original hood to place the front the way it is, or is that fiberglass also?

Hood.jpg

For all the years that I did service to the Fury, when the hood was up and I walked out to it I always said to myself that the hood being raised ruins the beautiful grill , headlamp and hood design. I think the front of the 66 Fury is one of the best looking ever designed, The hood is integral to the grill design. Like a shoebox chevy, it just looks wrong open.

Yes, I cut the leading section off of my original steel hood and built mounting brackets to have it bolted on, it is removable like any other part. For the rest of the hood I made what is called a splash mold out of plaster. you use the original part as a plug or master, spray a PVA (a release agent) or a lot of Vaseline. on the part then pour plaster of paris in several layers over top. when dry you flip it over and remove the part (hood in my case) and you have a mold that you can use once. clean up any obvious flaws, you spray gel coat and do a lay-up like if you are building a boat, or really thin if you want a race piece. It was after that I cut the hole for the tunnel ram and then much later added the Max wedge scoop

Wow, very talented. That must have taken you a long time to fabricate? Nice work to say the least.

Did you take any pictures of the mold process you used to build your hood, I would love to see that. I would give a few select small body parts/digits for a glass hood.

For all the years that I did service to the Fury, when the hood was up and I walked out to it I always said to myself that the hood being raised ruins the beautiful grill , headlamp and hood design. I think the front of the 66 Fury is one of the best looking ever designed, The hood is integral to the grill design. Like a shoebox chevy, it just looks wrong open.

Yes, I cut the leading section off of my original steel hood and built mounting brackets to have it bolted on, it is removable like any other part. For the rest of the hood I made what is called a splash mold out of plaster. you use the original part as a plug or master, spray a PVA (a release agent) or a lot of Vaseline. on the part then pour plaster of paris in several layers over top. when dry you flip it over and remove the part (hood in my case) and you have a mold that you can use once. clean up any obvious flaws, you spray gel coat and do a lay-up like if you are building a boat, or really thin if you want a race piece. It was after that I cut the hole for the tunnel ram and then much later added the Max wedge scoop
NOW (!!!) I understand why you were asking what you were for the car. The big picture didn't hit me until you described why and how on the hood alone.

Posted via Topify on Android

Angryjoe, If you are near any boat builders even small ones, go talk to the guys in the fiberglass shop some of them will do side work and you can get one made, it wont be cheap, but if you make several nice ones you may be able to offset the cost.

yeah Stan, There is a lot about my Fury that just really isn't seen or appreciated until I show or explain it. Here is another small part of my car that received attention that most people just miss or take for granted. just the left side gauge pod, the right is made very similarly.
034.jpg040.jpg

034.jpg

040.jpg

Angryjoe, If you are near any boat builders even small ones, go talk to the guys in the fiberglass shop some of them will do side work and you can get one made, it wont be cheap, but if you make several nice ones you may be able to offset the cost.

yeah Stan, There is a lot about my Fury that just really isn't seen or appreciated until I show or explain it. Here is another small part of my car that received attention that most people just miss or take for granted. just the left side gauge pod, the right is made very similarly.
View attachment 29354View attachment 29355

Thanks for the tip! I like the gauge pod, I was looking at mine thinking about moving them there but wasnt sure if I sould make it work...obviously I can...

Back