re installing rear seats

policefury1

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know this is a dumb question...but do you install the lower back seat with the seat clips going into the floor brackets first-or try to push the whole set under the back seat first and then 'try' to push the bottom over the floor clips???
thanks
mk

Install the seat back first, then tilt the seat bottom up slightly and push it under the seat back. Then lower the seat bottom some and push it in and down until it catches the seat brackets on the floor.

Thanks! for the advice. I've done that for hours and the seats loops still have almost an inch of travel to go to over the clips! (?) The seats just wont give enough.
thanks
mk

The top of the seat back should be level with the package tray. If you just had the seats reupholstered they may have used slightly thicker foam than originally used, which may mean a bit of extra fighting. You might be able to loosen the two screws at the bottom of the seat back, push seat back up, install seat bottom, push seat back down into position and push down on the seat bottom to gain access to tighten up the two bolts at the bottom of the seat back.

Thanks! for the advice. I've done that for hours and the seats loops still have almost an inch of travel to go to over the clips! (?) The seats just wont give enough.
thanks
mk
Sometimes the rear seat gets pulled up on so hard when removing the seat that the spring loop for the hook gets bent downward. This also pushes it forward enough that it is really hard to get back in place.

The solution is pretty simple, bend the loops back.

Another thought is that on my 69 Fury there were three nuts on each side that you could put the seat back bolts into. One on top and two below in a triangle. I used the top nut on each side, that may give you a little more room to get the seat bottom in.

I found that if I wedged myself between the front seat and the rear seat on my knees I could push the bottom of the rear seat back with my knee.

Alan

Back