Resurrection of my 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

Critter, what are you trying to say?

just caught mention of the bumperettes and wanted to post a quote and reply but my internet up here bites and post went to hell in a hand basket.....
is a set of Nos rear bumperettes on ebay right now for 124$ if you were lookin

Don't put any cam with smaller specs than a 383-440 magnum resto cam. My 2 cents FWIW those RV/lawnmower cams are not worth the waste of iron in making the blank.

Don't put any cam with smaller specs than a 383-440 magnum resto cam. My 2 cents FWIW those RV/lawnmower cams are not worth the waste of iron in making the blank.

I was planning on going stock build. What's the difference between the factory cam and the HP cam?

Yeah, but once you change out the cam, then come high compression pistons, beefed up valves, ported and polished (whatever that means), edlbrock manifold, different carb, chrome valve covers, 6 pack, blower.....:pixie:
1970-rolls-royce-ray-barton-built-572-blown-hemi.jpg

I was planning on going stock build. What's the difference between the factory cam and the HP cam?

MP used to offer a "purple" cam, which is about the equivalent to a HP cam. Works well and is not at all radical. You maintain your original hyd lifter, pushrods and rockers.
Use a set of 9:1 pistons for compatibility with todays pump fuels and make your power with some larger ports and upgraded carb.
This is a great combo for a big cruiser, very user friendly. If your intending on blowing smoke and doing other silly, showoff stuff with your car then you might want to go in a different direction.

I'm not averse to beefing it up a bit but back in the day I replaced my stock cam in my '72 340 with a "Purple Shaft". Never got that thing to run right after that, it was a cascade of mods that had to happen and didn't. Whatever it takes to have this running under it's own power by next Summer. It's going on 7 years and I want to sit in the driver's seat before I have to use one of those Walmart scooters.

I'm not averse to beefing it up a bit but back in the day I replaced my stock cam in my '72 340 with a "Purple Shaft". Never got that thing to run right after that, it was a cascade of mods that had to happen and didn't. Whatever it takes to have this running under it's own power by next Summer. It's going on 7 years and I want to sit in the driver's seat before I have to use one of those Walmart scooters.
Which is why I have what I have

Nothing wrong with Walmart Scooters, just the people who are in them.

View attachment 61960
Eat like a gluttonous pig all your life, get so fat that you can't even walk, and what happens?
The gum'mint let's you collect disability, every old building is required by law to put in an elevator for you, and you have reserved parking in the blue spaces in front of walmart.

The Gum'mint rewards bad behaviour...

Yes, if he fell off his scooter in front of me, I would of course help and be concerned.
But it shouldn't have happened in the first place.
And he'll probably sue the scooter maker, walmart, and Coca Cola.

That picture is a mixture of emotions. I feel really sad seeing that but at the Same time I find it Hilarious. I would try my Best to Help that man (Women?) up but it is just terrible that so much of this Country is obese and unhealthy.

Picture.. no comment. Camshaft, you will not be disappointed it will have good vacuum/low end grunt and not go flat at 4000 rpm.

Back