Resurrection of my 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

Should not need any other mods, set the total timing to 35 degrees btdc around 3300 rpm or whatever rpm the advance stops climbing.

I was planning on going stock build. What's the difference between the factory cam and the HP cam?

A high lift cam with single exhaust should make it breath great at high RPM's and the 2.76 gears will really help you off the line with all the street racing you and your wife plan to do with the car. You could put 50's on the back with little thin tires on the front, that will help with the performance too, maybe an aluminum wing on the deck will help keep the car from lifting when you reach speeds over 55.

Don't Chevyize the car, who exactly are you racing? The stock set up moves the car along just fine.

I suggested to my engine builder that I just wanted a stock rebuild for my recent 383 4bbl and he convinced me that I would regret not upgrading the cam at least one grind over stock and although it's not in the car yet I know he's right. I did put an HP grind in my Imp by my own choice and it never fails to make me smile and no other mods necessary.

A high lift cam with single exhaust should make it breath great at high RPM's and the 2.76 gears will really help you off the line with all the street racing you and your wife plan to do with the car. You could put 50's on the back with little thin tires on the front, that will help with the performance too, maybe an aluminum wing on the deck will help keep the car from lifting when you reach speeds over 55.

Don't Chevyize the car, who exactly are you racing? The stock set up moves the car along just fine.

So you will have him spend the same amount of money on a stock cam, made by who? I don't believe chrysler is making replacement cams for a 440, so you want James to buy a sealed power or whatever rock auto is pushing. I guess your next suggestion would be to remove the NOS single exhaust and put a 2" single pipe on it because extra back pressure really increases torque. The cam I suggested is faaaaarrrrr from high lift and/or radical, and the quality is known to be good on Mopar Performance, way better than the junk stock replacement they will sell you at Auto Zone. Oh and I will be sure to tell him to set the timing to stock specs because god forbid you my pick up some throttle response with some advance.

49 post and thats you important info is to badger someone into boring.

So... I'll bring this up.... Anyone ever run a Mr Sixpack cam is a C-Body?

A lot of the A12 guys swear by them. Smooth idle, lots of torque etc.

Uh oh everyone is turning their c bodies into race cars. :eusa_naughty:

I know his Hemicuda runs quite well in pure stock.

So you will have him spend the same amount of money on a stock cam, made by who? I don't believe chrysler is making replacement cams for a 440, so you want James to buy a sealed power or whatever rock auto is pushing. I guess your next suggestion would be to remove the NOS single exhaust and put a 2" single pipe on it because extra back pressure really increases torque. The cam I suggested is faaaaarrrrr from high lift and/or radical, and the quality is known to be good on Mopar Performance, way better than the junk stock replacement they will sell you at Auto Zone. Oh and I will be sure to tell him to set the timing to stock specs because god forbid you my pick up some throttle response with some advance.

49 post and thats you important info is to badger someone into boring.

Calm down Mary,

I will never be able to amass the extensive amount of posts you have because of actually having a life so I guess you will always be Lackpost Intolerant of me. That being said, I will continue to give input to my friend in hopes of keeping him from making what I consider a bad decision, but ultimately it is his decision and I know he is smart enough to figure it out on his own so whatever he ends up doing it won't hurt my feelings as I have apparently done to you with my advise to him.

It's that time of year again, posting what has become my annual update. This summer was mostly taken up by foreign invaders (Honda, Toyota and Subaru) and then a 2-week trek across the country to deliver my son to New Mexico, including a trip down parts of Rt 66, up to Colorado and then back home. Needless to say, not much work got done on the 300 project, but I had a lot of time to think about my next move.

Old Route 66 has seen better days:
IMG_8320.JPG

Nothing says "C" like a C-body cruise in Colorado:
IMG_8931.JPG

New Mexico - Land of Enchantment:
DSC02778.JPG

Had to stop at Cadillac ranch:
DSC02749.JPG

Unfortunately, I couldn't take this one home with me:
IMG_5335.JPG

And then the end of this piece of crapola:
HONDA_FINAL_FAREWELL (4).JPG

Finally, with the crushing of the Honda in September, time to get to work! I decided to finish the firewall and re-install the stub frame with the refreshed suspension.

Two years ago:
IMG_3030.JPG

Present day: The Circus comes to the Chrysler:
2016-09-11_14-58-16.jpg
2016-09-11_14-58-58.jpg

Nothing like stripping and blasting to reveal hidden treasures.
2016-09-17_16-46-34.jpg
2016-09-17_16-46-52.jpg
2016-09-17_16-45-19.jpg

Didn't expect that!
2016-09-17_16-45-30.jpg

Or that! Time to get out the welder.
2016-09-17_16-45-59.jpg

DSC03265.JPG

Back