Resurrection of my 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

Back seat cardboard divider got the cleanup treatment as well, and a fresh misting of satin black paint.

IMG_3862.jpeg

Had to make some hole repairs.

IMG_3863.jpeg

IMG_3864.jpeg

Took some time but I finally figured out where it goes. Used some modern plastic push buttons to attach it to the bracing, I haven’t a clue as to what would be factory fasteners, they certainly weren’t screw or bolts.

IMG_3914.jpeg

Moved on to the well liner. Not that it really matters all that much with a Frankenstein car, but seeing original dates and stamps is still pretty cool. The liner came out of the same ‘69 300 that my motor came from.

IMG_4072.jpeg

IMG_4073.jpeg

All cleaned up with green Dawn.

IMG_4074.jpeg

Got the tack strips and correct bolts installed as well. Had to chase the threads on all the holes. More parts off the floor and out of boxes make a satisfying work day (or three in this case).

IMG_4011.jpeg

IMG_4012.jpeg

IMG_4013.jpeg

So here is where Mr cheapskate Samplingman comes out to play. Everyone is familiar with the crappy plastic “let every leaf in” cowl grate that is almost always broken or missing. I have a near perfect one from the ‘73 NYB, but being a ‘73 it has a different mounting system and an extra hole in the middle for a third hood bumper. Time to break out the plastic welder (old soldering iron, lol). I plan on gluing a fine black screen door mesh I have lying around to the back to keep the pesky debris out of the cowl.

IMG_3849.jpeg
IMG_3850.jpeg
IMG_3851.jpeg
IMG_3852.jpeg
IMG_3853.jpeg
IMG_3854.jpeg
IMG_3855.jpeg

A little 600 grit and satin black to finish the job.

IMG_3858.jpeg

Back