Resurrection of my 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

Back seat cardboard divider got the cleanup treatment as well, and a fresh misting of satin black paint.

IMG_3862.jpeg

Had to make some hole repairs.

IMG_3863.jpeg

IMG_3864.jpeg

Took some time but I finally figured out where it goes. Used some modern plastic push buttons to attach it to the bracing, I haven’t a clue as to what would be factory fasteners, they certainly weren’t screw or bolts.

IMG_3914.jpeg

Moved on to the well liner. Not that it really matters all that much with a Frankenstein car, but seeing original dates and stamps is still pretty cool. The liner came out of the same ‘69 300 that my motor came from.

IMG_4072.jpeg

IMG_4073.jpeg

All cleaned up with green Dawn.

IMG_4074.jpeg

Got the tack strips and correct bolts installed as well. Had to chase the threads on all the holes. More parts off the floor and out of boxes make a satisfying work day (or three in this case).

IMG_4011.jpeg

IMG_4012.jpeg

IMG_4013.jpeg

We had better see this car at Carlisle next year. Italian marriages or not :poke:

So here is where Mr cheapskate Samplingman comes out to play. Everyone is familiar with the crappy plastic “let every leaf in” cowl grate that is almost always broken or missing. I have a near perfect one from the ‘73 NYB, but being a ‘73 it has a different mounting system and an extra hole in the middle for a third hood bumper. Time to break out the plastic welder (old soldering iron, lol). I plan on gluing a fine black screen door mesh I have lying around to the back to keep the pesky debris out of the cowl.

IMG_3849.jpeg
IMG_3850.jpeg
IMG_3851.jpeg
IMG_3852.jpeg
IMG_3853.jpeg
IMG_3854.jpeg
IMG_3855.jpeg

A little 600 grit and satin black to finish the job.

IMG_3858.jpeg

:popcorn: Love this thread. I've learned how the power seat bases/motors come apart and the convertible top Latch R&R. Good stuff!

Back