Roadwheel center cap removal

Will, do you have a problem with brake dust on the front road wheels?

I have Wagner ceramic front pads and the road wheels are a mess in no time.

There are offerings for covers that come between brake calipers and rims for some cars that minimize or eliminate this. Personally I'm a bit sceptic about heat dissipation and never cared looking for these specifically.

Disc brakes leave dust. Even the wheels om my Challenger get ugly if not cleaned up

My 69 300 parts car is a factory disc brake car so I have all the necessary parts to convert.
Thing is...... The drums on my car work GREAT...! No stopping issues at all. I wonder about the rational of converting to discs. The dust issue is just another reason to question doing it.

There are offerings for covers that come between brake calipers and rims for some cars that minimize or eliminate this. Personally I'm a bit sceptic about heat dissipation and never cared looking for these specifically.

I've seen those in the 80's and 90's. I've never used them and they don't completely stop the brake dust. I'll pass on those now too. I don't even know if they even make them anymore and I'm not even interested to see if they do make them.

My 69 300 parts car is a factory disc brake car so I have all the necessary parts to convert.
Thing is...... The drums on my car work GREAT...! No stopping issues at all. I wonder about the rational of converting to discs. The dust issue is just another reason to question doing it.

I'll just have to deal with it and clean the wheels more often.

Disc brakes leave dust. Even the wheels om my Challenger get ugly if not cleaned up
Cheap pads leave dust, my truck runs Raybestos ceramics and Semi-metallic, no dust ever, I use Raybestos on most of my customers vehicles with no dust issues, that and the AC Delco Advantage Ceramic & Semi-metallic pads.
For the driving we do with our rags drums are fine

Thats what i'm thinking.......:thinker:

I'm keeping my drums, I looked at the Disc brake conversion, I've ridden in a few drum vehicles the last few days and they all stopped well.

Nick

Back