Took a cool pic?

Dave, I lived outdoors for 20 years.....

If you can hear thunder or see lighting....it's dangerous.

glad you guys are just needlin' each other a bit :).

no doubt lightning is dangerous and the extent which we are IN danger from it depends on our specific circumstances relative to it (are we inside/outside, under a tree, 10 miles away etc.)

i think Knebel caught "cloud to cloud" lightning and he was in a safe place. there may have been "cloud to ground" lightning around though making it less safe to get those shots maybe?

i was really more interested (assuming he wasnt on his roof next to a TV aerial in a thunderstorm takin pics :)) in how he got the shots....good reflexes or a really good camera as i have had no success getting such amazing shots.

Anybody else have a few night shots of celestial sights or man-made things? maybe some black and white photos (stock internet example below..NOT mine) of anything too..they can also be quite stunning.

I only have a few B & W shots...
DSCF0010.jpg

But I didnt mean it............

DSCF0010.jpg

I captured those from my frontdoor with a fisheye lens on a dslr. Just handheld and point and shoot with the right timing... i actually counted between the lightning strikes and then just estimated when the next one would strike

Our Lab Shiner...not Shiner Bock, Shiner Bark... ;-)

62025_1614879973036_5096758_n.jpg312830_2681952929193_775221534_n.jpg320264_2576065442072_615958781_n.jpgIMGP5860 - Copy.jpg

P1050001.jpg

When working out in the shop, one must ALWAYS think safety FIRST!

62025_1614879973036_5096758_n.jpg

312830_2681952929193_775221534_n.jpg

320264_2576065442072_615958781_n.jpg

IMGP5860 - Copy.jpg

P1050001.jpg

Remind me about the Charger...

Dad's car, 318, sunroof, very nice car but he felt he sat too low, which is why he sold it.
His 318 sunroof dart is in front of the garage in this photo ..... He sold that too because, well, that's what he does

The problem isn't necessarily that you're sitting too low in the third gen Chargers, its that the belt line is too high. I don't mind there look at all but I don't care for driving them even though they handle better than the previous generations.

I've just gone thru' the whole thread again and am awed by the talent we have here that I do not possess. In 1970 I bought one of the first 500 Nikon FIIs imported into the states including a few extra lenses, extenders and filters thinking that it would be all the camera I would ever need in this life time. The thing iz that I've never gotten beyond the Brownie box camera talent stage. I have a brother that's blessed me with many black and white gifts of pix he's shot all over the western U.S. with a wooden box camera that holds 7"X14" negatives and shot with ah black bag over hiz head by removing the lens cover and counting. (The inner wall in the living room of our home iz decorated with ten of them). I've seen one he took from an elevated bluff over looking a nude beach somewhere in SoCal from 400-500 yardz away from the subject matter and with a jewelers loop you can see more nipplez then you can count. I did learn that the larger the negative the more clarity and detail in the picture?(One of hiz favez that he won't share ah copy of.) When my Father-in-Law retired in '72, shooting 35 MM became hiz 2nd life. Not sure how many classes he took but he became very good for the remaining yearz he enjoyed on this planet. I have 10, 8"X10"s that that man took starting at the tree line in hiz back yard in Lake Wales, Fl. IN SEQUENCE the day of the Challenger Disaster took place.('bout 100 milez from Cape) The day that sad event took place that will still chock me up when I look at those pix. And when the time comez his favorite Grand Child will become caretaker of those pix. She already haz the Nikon and lenses. Just hope 35MM film stayz available? Keep shooting guyz 'n galz, Jer

The problem isn't necessarily that you're sitting too low in the third gen Chargers, its that the belt line is too high. I don't mind there look at all but I don't care for driving them even though they handle better than the previous generations.

Dad is 73....He had trouble getting in and out , unlike the Polara

Dad is 73....He had trouble getting in and out , unlike the Polara
Understood. You want to talk low? I have trouble getting in and out of my Challenger...

I know...I had a 72. But I was 25 then.
I give my dad credit for getting in and out of that car well into his late '70s, only once or twice a year now. Funny story, you should have seen my mom get out of the back seat of the Imperial. She actually had to scoot herself out to the point that she was sitting on the sill with her feet on the ground and I had to pull her up from there. See, aches and pains run in my family.

I've just gone thru' the whole thread again and am awed by the talent we have here that I do not possess. In 1970 I bought one of the first 500 Nikon FIIs imported into the states including a few extra lenses, extenders and filters thinking that it would be all the camera I would ever need in this life time. The thing iz that I've never gotten beyond the Brownie box camera talent stage. I have a brother that's blessed me with many black and white gifts of pix he's shot all over the western U.S. with a wooden box camera that holds 7"X14" negatives and shot with ah black bag over hiz head by removing the lens cover and counting. (The inner wall in the living room of our home iz decorated with ten of them). I've seen one he took from an elevated bluff over looking a nude beach somewhere in SoCal from 400-500 yardz away from the subject matter and with a jewelers loop you can see more nipplez then you can count. I did learn that the larger the negative the more clarity and detail in the picture?(One of hiz favez that he won't share ah copy of.) When my Father-in-Law retired in '72, shooting 35 MM became hiz 2nd life. Not sure how many classes he took but he became very good for the remaining yearz he enjoyed on this planet. I have 10, 8"X10"s that that man took starting at the tree line in hiz back yard in Lake Wales, Fl. IN SEQUENCE the day of the Challenger Disaster took place.('bout 100 milez from Cape) The day that sad event took place that will still chock me up when I look at those pix. And when the time comez his favorite Grand Child will become caretaker of those pix. She already haz the Nikon and lenses. Just hope 35MM film stayz available? Keep shooting guyz 'n galz, Jer

Jer....that's 2 of us without camera talent. LOL!

Time for me to get a new camera!

Back