What are you working on today??

Siding is started. We’re re-siding the existing part of the house as previous owners had set the siding on an additional layer of insulation, which caused the siding to sit too high against the window frames. This required caulking which wasn’t seated correctly and I am positive that it had caused water leaks.

I don’t get a lot of people!

Drywall was delivered today and they will start installing the drywall on Monday or Tuesday.

My wife and I are really pleased with how it’s turning out.
I had to lighten up the first picture as it was getting dark this evening.

View attachment 676403View attachment 676404
I wish I could add a three car garage onto my house, but it's spend the money on my cars, or the garage. Hopefully I can do both with a financial balancing act.

Waxing and getting The Great Pumpkin ready for a local show tomorrow….

F25A397D-95D2-4B0E-B9F4-5A43AE29E79B.jpeg

1E687357-09C7-4BAA-923E-CEC28820BCDA.jpeg

Repaired a freshly restored Thermoquad for a client. From day one he had problems with the carb, called the restorer many times being told its todays fuel etc. Sent it back on his dime, the builder tells him that nothing wrong. Carb owner gives up and brings to me, I know whats wrong, open carb and worse than I was expecting. Repaired bowl main wells with a thorough cleaner sanding and some seal-all adhesive. Some cleaning and adjustments, client is installing now.

IMG_6519.jpeg

IMG_6523.jpeg

IMG_6520.jpeg

IMG_6524.jpeg

Repaired a freshly restored Thermoquad for a client. From day one he had problems with the carb, called the restorer many times being told its todays fuel etc. Sent it back on his dime, the builder tells him that nothing wrong. Carb owner gives up and brings to me, I know whats wrong, open carb and worse than I was expecting. Repaired bowl main wells with a thorough cleaner sanding and some seal-all adhesive. Some cleaning and adjustments, client is installing now.

View attachment 676805

View attachment 676807

View attachment 676810

View attachment 676811
What was wrong?

This afternoon I am doing the selector shaft seal on the white 69 Charger. What a hassle dealing with the headers and 3 inch exhaust. Good thing I don't have catcher mitt hands.
This a fresh rebuild this spring. The trans shop messed up the seal bad and told customer its a new seal and he wasn't going to repair it, the shop also left the kick down arm loose and just sitting on the shaft. You can see in first pic.. Really sucks as I sent my client to the guy. I done with the lying C.

IMG_6514.jpeg

IMG_6506.jpeg

IMG_6530.jpeg

IMG_6533.jpeg

IMG_6540.jpeg

IMG_6541.jpeg

This afternoon I am doing the selector shaft seal on the white 69 Charger. What a hassle dealing with the headers and 3 inch exhaust. Good thing I don't have catcher mitt hands.
This a fresh rebuild this spring. The trans shop messed up the seal bad and told customer its a new seal and he wasn't going to repair it, the shop also left the kick down arm loose and just sitting on the shaft. You can see in first pic.. Really sucks as I sent my client to the guy. I done with the lying C.

View attachment 676858

View attachment 676859

View attachment 676860

View attachment 676861

View attachment 676862

View attachment 676863
Good work and don’t beat yourself up for recommending that shop. THEY ARE THE ones who failed!

I assume the ATF wasn't re-cycled? Do you know how expensive ATF+4 is? I bought a jug at PartSource (aka Canada tire) - $75 - I had my pan off to get it power coated, put in new filter and gasket and that shaft seal (and the other rubber seal above it). I had the trans out so I could pull the seal out from the top. I assume you couldn't do that - not enough room or access ?

I assume the ATF wasn't re-cycled? Do you know how expensive ATF+4 is? I bought a jug at PartSource (aka Canada tire) - $75 - I had my pan off to get it power coated, put in new filter and gasket and that shaft seal (and the other rubber seal above it). I had the trans out so I could pull the seal out from the top. I assume you couldn't do that - not enough room or access ?
I got it done, just need to let pan gasket set up before torque, then its on to the header melted power cable to starter. Who does this crap. uuugghhh

Back