What are you working on today??

Well I tried something probably not very kosher. I shot my shot and went down in a ball of fire.
I stumbled upon my old car on Facebook. Actually struck up a conversation with the current owner. Stupidity asked him about selling his Monaco. And everything stopped there. Not even an answer.
Had to give it a chance, right?

Howdy! New to the forum but not Mopars. I brought this home the other day. Working on it for a friend of mine through some horse trading. I gave some cash and a large labor credit to him for a 71 Charger. It's a 67 New Yorker with a half disassembled 440. He's working on getting some wheels for it, these are some mix and match stuff I through on to make it roll. I'm excited to get on it. Seems like a series of chevy products is all folks have brought me lately.

20240918_163621.jpg

Did a proper ac flush on my 87 Fifth Ave today. Gets new compressor, parallel flow condenser, dryer, expansion valve. About $300 for parts.
Because it's worth doing with the price of replacement cars now.
Nice clean low milage car.

Looks like I'll be investing in a set of tires in spring. Noticed my drivers side front getting a little questionable. Got at least 15 years out of them. And that's the corner she leans on cause of the torsion bar issue. So I can't complain.

Now the bigger question. Keep the factory alloys or run original black steelies w/center caps? Should I change it up with custom chrome or slots? Hum....... at least I've got some time to think about it.
IMG_20240929_122136495_HDR.jpg

Puttered on my 68 300 this weekend. Repaired a couple wire issues, bypassed bulkhead. Got the 440 to turn over finally with good spark. Need to get fuel system hooked up before I can actually try and fire it off. Got parking lights, dash and dome lights to work, still no headlights, blinkers or panel lights. A little closer all the time. I get it running then gotta get after the brakes.

Replacing 2004 VW New Beetle window regulators. The regulators aren't difficult to work with, but the door panels are a collection of very brittle plastics. Very poor setup. The dealer would have had great difficulty servicing them when they were new.

Replacing 2004 VW New Beetle window regulators. The regulators aren't difficult to work with, but the door panels are a collection of very brittle plastics. Very poor setup. The dealer would have had great difficulty servicing them when they were new.

ABS plumbers glue very worked well worked for resurrecting the many pieces of the absolute crap non abused but thoroughly busted door panel plastic. So, use the nice thick clear ABS glue for that.

Removing the %&#@$%&^% glue used for the vinyl covering the arm rest is a major pain in the ***. 99 percent alcohol and a entire roll of paper towels and a wire brush did remove enough of it to prime and paint it so the contact adhesive would work to apply the new vinyl arm rest cover.

The alcohol is the only thing I've found that also removes the %&#@$%&^% rubberized "SOFT TOUCH" coating VW used on the exposed interior parts. Meaning the dash panels, radio bezel, some door panel parts, the glove box door, grab bars and the shift console.

A job I planned 4 hours for is now halfway done 8 hours later.
Yep, 16 hours. So %&#@$%&^% you VW. -No more WVs in my driveway-.

Back