What are you working on today??

Well I tried something probably not very kosher. I shot my shot and went down in a ball of fire.
I stumbled upon my old car on Facebook. Actually struck up a conversation with the current owner. Stupidity asked him about selling his Monaco. And everything stopped there. Not even an answer.
Had to give it a chance, right?

Howdy! New to the forum but not Mopars. I brought this home the other day. Working on it for a friend of mine through some horse trading. I gave some cash and a large labor credit to him for a 71 Charger. It's a 67 New Yorker with a half disassembled 440. He's working on getting some wheels for it, these are some mix and match stuff I through on to make it roll. I'm excited to get on it. Seems like a series of chevy products is all folks have brought me lately.

20240918_163621.jpg

Did a proper ac flush on my 87 Fifth Ave today. Gets new compressor, parallel flow condenser, dryer, expansion valve. About $300 for parts.
Because it's worth doing with the price of replacement cars now.
Nice clean low milage car.

Looks like I'll be investing in a set of tires in spring. Noticed my drivers side front getting a little questionable. Got at least 15 years out of them. And that's the corner she leans on cause of the torsion bar issue. So I can't complain.

Now the bigger question. Keep the factory alloys or run original black steelies w/center caps? Should I change it up with custom chrome or slots? Hum....... at least I've got some time to think about it.
IMG_20240929_122136495_HDR.jpg

Puttered on my 68 300 this weekend. Repaired a couple wire issues, bypassed bulkhead. Got the 440 to turn over finally with good spark. Need to get fuel system hooked up before I can actually try and fire it off. Got parking lights, dash and dome lights to work, still no headlights, blinkers or panel lights. A little closer all the time. I get it running then gotta get after the brakes.

Back