Hellcat Totaled after 18 Miles

It is not hard to imagine how these monsters are getting wrecked. I broke the backend loose at 80MPH and scared the beegeezus outta myself. I've had 2 owners sell theirs as it was too much car for them. That said I've also had owners drag race them to low 11's. I've done the Viper driving school years ago but I'd recommend doing Challenger School to any Hellcat/Demon buyer.

It's not the arrow it's the Indian. ...many were gonna get in a wreck even if it were a mini van.
Yes there are some drivers who are so bad they can wreck a Mini Van. Those ones should not be on the road for yours and my safety.
I say they should have training because most of these drivers DO NOT have the skill to handle a vehicle with over 700 HP. Notice that the N.H.R.A. requires you to prove you can operate a machine on the strip if it can go over a certain speed. the same thing should be done here.

Another example of a low performance driver in a high performance car.
I believe there is a responsibility to the manufacturer to educate/train a buyer of any car with over 600 HP. At least make it availiable to them.

If you just make it available to them they won't do it. It's just like with guns, there should be proof of training g required before you can even buy. Should be a mandatory manufacturers thing, you can pick up your hellcat after you completed their training with...

there will be someone pick up these factory hot rods for mod rods or rebuilding , labor rates can total cars with out the parts bill . i would not surprised if someone hasn't made a deal with the insure companies to buy them at a flat rate , like the dodge p/u's with hemi's were and even that v10 package was sot after at first .

I'm sure the insurance companies aren't stupid about the value and demand of the parts from these cars after they have been totaled.

I wonder if they come with same the crappy Firestone tires as my RT. The worst tires in rain i've ever driven on.
And, I can personally vouch for the strength built into the LX cabins. If i had been t-boned while in my Neon i might still be in Crittenton Hospital.

I wonder if they come with same the crappy Firestone tires as my RT. The worst tires in rain i've ever driven on.
And, I can personally vouch for the strength built into the LX cabins. If i had been t-boned while in my Neon i might still be in Crittenton Hospital.

What year? Mine had Goodyears when new

What year? Mine had Goodyears when new
They are the 20" Firestone Fire-hawks i've had on my '12, '14 & '16 LXs. I know Goodyears are an option but the dealers around here don't seem to order their cars with them.

Mine is a 10 . I didnt know tire make was an option. My First Goodyears I got 29000 miles with the steel belts showing. This last set of Goodyears I got 24000 miles to almost bald. I just put on Michelin's and hope they last a bit longer

I think just because you can buy it doesn't mean you should own it. Even with some kind of driving class some drivers will still wreck one. Some people just don't have skill to drive one ever.

It is not hard to imagine how these monsters are getting wrecked. I broke the backend loose at 80MPH and scared the beegeezus outta myself. I've had 2 owners sell theirs as it was too much car for them. That said I've also had owners drag race them to low 11's. I've done the Viper driving school years ago but I'd recommend doing Challenger School to any Hellcat/Demon buyer.

Through Bondurant?

Mine is a 10 . I didnt know tire make was an option. My First Goodyears I got 29000 miles with the steel belts showing. This last set of Goodyears I got 24000 miles to almost bald. I just put on Michelin's and hope they last a bit longer

The only tire option we ever get is size. We cannot choose make at the Dealer level. FCA bounces around tire mfgr's like a 2 dollar working girl at shore leave. Firestone Goodyear General BFG seen them all at one time or another. Some tires are purpose built for a specific model like the Pirelli Pzero's on SRT Jeeps. The Hcats and Demons will also have specific tires due to engineering but your run of the mill ram will get flavor of the week

Thanks Bob:lol:
"Since the 707 hp supercharged 6.2-liter Hellcat V8 is hard to come by, he was able to sell the motor before the car was even delivered, so you’re already too late for that, but he does have a nice set of bucket seats that don’t appear to have been stained in the accident."

:rofl:
:rofl:Now that's funny!:rofl:

Yeah, but how deep was the snow at the time?

Ha it was a sunny April afternoon but cool around 60 degrees. No one around so mashed the go fast pedal while I was doing 80 and she broke loose wiggled her rear but stayed in the lane...unfortunately it wasn't my lane
:steering::steering:

Back