1970 Plymouth Sport Fury V10 Swap Build Thread

Mopar Action ran a story on handling improvement for a 1975 New Yorker. 1.18 was part of a big improvement. Considering for my 1971 Fury 440/727. Thanks!

Well I have been putting off doing anything with the fury for way too long. My plan was to get all the body work done and have it done before I started driving it but I haven’t been able to get to doing it so I decided to put the interior back in, start driving it and having some fun with it. I’m going to work out all the mechanical bugs this summer then this winter do the body paint and top.

So I started getting the interior in today and hope to have that done tomorrow.

IMG_0825.jpeg

So I got the rear side panels and back seat in. The buckets should be in tomorrow. The panels must have been from a non rear seatbelt car because they were not notched for the seat belt mount so I had to cut them a bit. Then after I got them installed the passenger side window didn’t work so I had to pull it back off and get the window working. All in all a 45 minute job turned into 4 hours.

IMG_0828.jpeg

Well today didn't go as planned, I wanted to get the buckets in and the seat belts. I did get the pass side bucket in and seat belts. The heat and humidity in Michigan today was horrible. So after taking a brake for lunch and drinking a gallon of water I thought I could get the driver side in no problem but when I went to install the power seat would not work so I spent the next 5 hours taking the assembly apart cleaning and back together. It is working now. So plan on putting it in first thing tomorrow.

Finally the seats are in. I’m really happy with it. I have one seat back to repair and a good used one in the works from a member hear.

IMG_0829.jpeg

IMG_0831.jpeg

Back