1978 NYB New Engine.....

With a little luck and finishing the last of the fabrications and tying up loose ends....

Should fire it up today!

Made considerable progress today. Got the radiator mounted. Installation looks very professional. Radiator hoses are going to work perfectly.
20180825_112739.jpg

Still have to mount and plumb the factory overflow tank. It appears that I should be able to make it work.

So only a half a day today??

I have massive wiring work to get done too. Not only is the MSD and cooling fan regulators quite complex to wire. Getting rid of the emission, Lean Burn, old ignition, alternator, and misc wiring is taking time too.

20180825_132844.jpg

Also had to make a trip from the Delaware/Penn line down to Batimore County to Baltimore Performance to get ONE 6AN fuel fitting and fab and plumb the fuel line. That alone took 3 hours of today.

Everyone has something to do next weekend so we are taking a weekend off....we will resume the following weekend and I'm sure we will get her fired up.

Of course there is a basic plan for wiring the MSD ignition system and the complex wiring for the cooling fan controllers. I should of taken a picture of the warning label on the back of the controller brain. It actually started out with these words..

"Unless you are a rocket scientist".....

I don't know how I got so far behind on this thread, but I am all caught up and I still have to wait for the engine startup:poke:
Your doing great work Bob, the finish line is in sight.

Numerous other advantages....Sanden conversion, one wire 140 amp alternator, being a couple of the main reasons.

Need some ideas with some cosmetic issues. The air cleaner just barely clears the hood but is very functional and allows an ample amount of air for this engine to breath. The question is should I powder coat the same or powder coat it to body color?

20180813_195502.jpg

I also like the aluminum Mopar Performance valve covers. Should I powder coat them clear or also body color?

These will probably be winter projects....

Back